• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i bought this colt model 1911 came with one mag and the anniston armory box that it was shipped in back in 1967 when it was sold from the army to a civilian for $14.15 i believe it is the original finish either way i dont care i love just looking at it and holding it i really want to shoot it. i paid $1000 which is the most money i have spent on a handgun but the upside it was free in a way as the job i work lets me scrap so i saved my scrap money for a bit. now for the pics. ps if anybody has any idea on value it would be appreciated.
    colt01.jpg

colt1.jpg

colt3.jpg

colt2.jpg

colt4.jpg

colt5.jpg

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    That is awesome!! Not sure on value but you did well looks to be a mostly original WWI 1911 that was rearsenalled after WWII. Having the box has to add some to the value. If it were mine (and I have a rearsenalled ca. 1917 1911) if it looks to have been fired, I'd shoot it! I've only out a few magazines through mine and have enjoyed every round! I still get cold chills thinking about where it has been and what it has seen in almost a hundred years, two world wars and countless smaller battles!

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    i bought this colt model 1911 came with one mag and the anniston armory box that it was shipped in back in 1967 when it was sold from the army to a civilian for $14.15 i believe it is the original finish either way i dont care i love just looking at it and holding it i really want to shoot it. i paid $1000 which is the most money i have spent on a handgun but the upside it was free in a way as the job i work lets me scrap so i saved my scrap money for a bit. now for the pics. ps if anybody has any idea on value it would be appreciated.
    colt01.jpg

colt1.jpg

colt3.jpg

colt2.jpg

colt4.jpg

colt5.jpg

Drool.jpg

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    I have thought about trying to track the serial number with the army i read something about online that you can do that and try to follow it through its years of service figure it would be neat to be able to see where it has been.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Kimber and Springfields are nice but give me a Prancing Pony any day. I love my Colt and that will stay in the Family.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Very nice looking gun. I couldn't tell a whole lot from the smaller pics but it looks like a nice rearsenalized(sp?) piece. I have a couple Remington Rands and 1917 Colt revolvers but not a Colt 1911 yet.

Top Bottom