• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I received the XDs 45 I bought on Gunbroker yesterday so I decided to take the afternoon and go try it out. My first impression is that I love this gun.

I have been more of a 9mm guy until I bought a West German P220 last year and fell in love with both it and the caliber. I had a Kahr CM9 as my EDC but had become interested in a sub-compact 45 so I bought the XDs.

The trigger is not light by any means but has a clean break. I personally don't want a super light trigger in an EDC. I just feel that with all the adrenaline I would probably have in a real emergency, that too light of a trigger could be a problem.

I love the fiber optic sight. This one has the green sight installed. I did not get any spare fiber with it so I may need to order some in case I damage this one.

The biggest thing was that I just seemed to be able to hit what I was aiming at most of the time. I did not go for grouping this time and just shot at the steel targets my brother in law has set up. I was able to consistently hit a small buffalo cutout from about 45 yards. For me with a 3.3" barrel, I was very happy.

The recoil was very manageable IMO. I had a mix of ammo from some factory to some reloads I did using PB powder that are a bit light. They cycle fine, but you can definitely tell the difference between them and factory. Obviously the recoil was less on the reloads, but even factory was not bad.

All in all I would reccomend this gun for anyone looking for a sub-compact 45.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I don't expect it to be too good in low light. It can't pick up light that's not there.

You can get the essentials package in black for $419 most days. The bi-tone seems to be about $80 - $100 more. The Gear pack seems to be even higher.

I ended up paying $450 for a bi-tone with all the gear, an extra 5 round mag, and a Garrett Industries Holster that sells on their site for $89. I thought it was a decent price with the extras.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Sounds like a nice set-up. I have been interested in the silent thunder holster also. I have it narrowed down to the xds or the mod 2 or a S & W 40c. It's going to be a hard decision.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    I was also impressed with the accuracy of the xds. My friend has one and we are able to routinely hit a spinning groundhog target from about 20 yards. Nice little gun!

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    I've owned the XDs 45 3.3 and now own the XDs 9mm 4.0. For a compact 45 the XDs shoot real well and is a nice size gun for CC. But I have really enjoyed the 9mm 4.0 since I purchased it awhile ago. The recoil is more manageable and I like the bigger round count. All of my handguns are 9mm now.

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    I just picked up a XDs 45 3.3 a few days ago too! I got the essential package. Springfield has a promotion going on now, with any purchase of a single stack just fill out the form on their website and you get 3 more mags and a mag holder free! I have only put about 100 rounds through it but at this point I'm very happy with it!

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I just picked up a XDs 45 3.3 a few days ago too! I got the essential package. Springfield has a promotion going on now, with any purchase of a single stack just fill out the form on their website and you get 3 more mags and a mag holder free! I have only put about 100 rounds through it but at this point I'm very happy with it!

Been close to 6 months and I still love mine. Its my new EDC.

ParaManAR15

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Have had my XDs for 2 years now and absolutely love it. For a 45 and the size of the gun, recoil is very manageable.

Did you buy new or used? I bought mine new and it had the red fiber installed and came with an extra red and green.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Have had my XDs for 2 years now and absolutely love it. For a 45 and the size of the gun, recoil is very manageable.

Did you buy new or used? I bought mine new and it had the red fiber installed and came with an extra red and green.

I bought used and later had a set of TFO sights installed. I liked the factory sights until I got the TFO; they do well in sun and in dim light.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I've owned my XDS 45 for a few weeks now, and ordered the free magazine promotion from Springfield and received those in about 10 days!!! The pistol functions fine, accurate for me on paper plates at 20 yards and a perfect CCW carry. Just don't tell my Glocks
    about a XD in the same safe.

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    I've owned my XDS 45 for a few weeks now, and ordered the free magazine promotion from Springfield and received those in about 10 days!!! The pistol functions fine, accurate for me on paper plates at 20 yards and a perfect CCW carry. Just don't tell my Glocks
    about a XD in the same safe.

I really like the XDS and I am thinking about it as a CCW. Does it feel comfortable as a CCW?

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    You can get the truglo night sights for it for it for not that much, I put those on mine and love. What's the point of having ccw if you can't use it in low light

Last edited:
    Top Bottom