• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Friday I traveled to Indy for my NRA basic safety pistol training course. This being my first class I was very excited. They best part of the whole thing was I was getting paid for it due to my work, and I don't pay a dime for anything.

When the class first started we went through some power points/ videos. Learned a few different things, have to say it was very well put together. After that we did some drills with thd blue dummy gun. Where were worked on foot placement and our grip on the weapon.

After the class was over it was time to head to the range. We traveled a few miles to Dons Guns to use there range. (Although Im not a fan of the place this is where we had to go) We all fired 50 rounds through new gen4 g22's. I shot pretty well and was proud of myself. Stood a little differently than how I normally shoot and noticed how my shot improved.

Over all I'm happy with the course and its the first of many more. It really showed me how necessary training is. We watched this video that ABC news did a school shooting experiment, while a student was armed. Very good video, there's a link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:
    Top Bottom