• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I just got home from the Indy 1500 where I got my first handgun ever!

picture.php

21st Century Firearms was the first vendor I got to that had the M&Pc in 9mm like I wanted. I checked the whole rest of the show and no one had a lower price than 21st Century. Some had them at the same price, but I wanted to make sure I supported an INGO sponsor, and they were the first booth I stopped at. Nice guys. Very helpful. Will do business with them again.

Extremely excited. And can't wait to shoot it.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    SWEET!! Those guys at 21st Century are cool. I picked up a BX 25 10/22 magazine from them today....right after i peed my pants...I'm not big on gunfire inside a building...

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    GREAT Choice, you will not be disappointed. Was Robb (theweakerbrother) the one the helped you?

If it didn't come with night sights (which actually now that I think about it isn't an option on these firearms) I would recommend that you take a look at the TrueGlo TFO's. I have them on my M&P9C and absolutly LOVE them. (I should do a video on those... hmmm).

Anyway congrats!

Oh, if you're interested, PM me and I can provide you with some info about accessories (holsters, mag holder, cleaning kits, etc for this)

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Congrats on your new M&P. It's a good choice in a handgun and I'm sure you'll like it. Definitely agree with CoyoteCreekGuns on the nite sights - I've got them on my 9c and they've worked out great.

Again, congrats and safe shooting.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    If it didn't come with night sights (which actually now that I think about it isn't an option on these firearms) I would recommend that you take a look at the TrueGlo TFO's. I have them on my M&P9C and absolutly LOVE them. (I should do a video on those... hmmm).

It comes with night sights as an option(see below)... I've also heard great things about the bowie tactical ameriglo sights... Enjoy... I love my M&Ps...

Model: M&P9c
    Caliber: 9mm
    Capacity: 12+1 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 3.5"
    Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount (Tritium Sights Optional)
    Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount Carry (Tritium Sights Optional)
    Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.
    Product: Smith & Wesson M&P Compact 9mm

ameriglobowietacticalmandpSights

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you really want to clean up the trigger and shorten the reset, think about an Apex Tactical hard sear. It's a "drop-in" part; VERY easy to do. So easy even an Indy_Guy_77 can do it!

-J-

Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on the great purchase!

Im saving up for one right now, I cant hardly wait.. I find myself reading about them most nights. Other than people complaining about the trigger(easy fix) they have great reviews.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    you have chosen wisely. the M&P is an excellent choice for a first handgun and as an EDC. And since this is your first, the stock trigger won't bother you as much as it might a more seasoned shooter.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I've shot my fair share of handguns in the past, but this is the first I can call my own. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet... Got tied up at the 1500 again today, and by the time I got home it started storming and was just too late.

I am a little concerned about the trigger pull, but I won't know how I really feel about it until I go shoot it... Which I plan to do a lot tomorrow at FCVCC. I think I may need to run out and buy more ammo.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Congrats on your first purchase, you picked an awesome first handgun. My .40c is my daily carry and has yet to ever let me down. As for the trigger, yeah some people complain about it, but I never thought mine was really that bad. I've purchased the Apex duty/carry kit about 6 months ago, but I still havn't put in in the gun yet. I'm sure it will improve the trigger, but I'm comfortable enough with mine that I don't think its required to make the trigger feel good. It's been a great shooter out of the box for me.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Yep, you should be happy with your MP. I have a full size MP9 and was at a family event yesterday doing some plinking behind the barn. Even though there were several other handguns (Walther, Taurus,glock) there, after trying it everyone kept coming back for the MP9.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    I think that you will love the M&P c. I don't understand why everyone feels that the trigger is an issue. My wife and I both shoot the M&P and really like the trigger. It is far better than the stock Glock trigger in my opinion and certainly easier to deal with than most revolvers. I think it compares very favorably with my Ruger LCR trigger (my carry gun) and the only trigger system I personally favor better is the Kahr PM9.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Without the magazine safety, but does have the external safety.

I go to shoot it today! I was so excited and a little nervous (I basically pulled this gun out of the box, cleaned it, lubed it, and took it to a competition without having actually fired it). Went through 100 rounds of Remington 9mm FMJ target loads without a FTF, FTE, or misfire. I didn't notice anything abhorrent about the trigger pull (or anything else for that matter). But I'm looking forward to taking it back to the range again ASAP so I can focus on the little things instead of just trying to hit the paper in a time limit with a gun and ammo I've never shot before.

picture.php

Not that you can tell it in the photo, but that's my new INGO hat I got at the 1500 on Saturday.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I see someone resurrected this thread so I guess I can give an update.

After firing easily 750+ rounds I have found that the trigger pull is a bit stiff. Not bad, but after putting 100 rounds down range in a single session, I do notice that my trigger finger can actually get tired (who knew, right?).

Also, after firing 750+ rounds, I haven't had any type of malfunction yet. No FTF. No FTE. No double feeds, or misfires. I do clean it regularly. Otherwise this thing runs like a machine.

Top Bottom