• ...and so much more!
  • snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    FirstHunt.jpg

My parents are cleaning out their house and they found a picture of my first hunt with my dad. That is a .357 mag lever action and soon it will be in my collection along with the .308 that my dad is carrying.

Gramps.jpg

This is a pic of my grandpa with his last deer. The rifle is the same one my dad is carrying in the pic with me

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Those memories are great! My Dad retired a couple of years ago and we still make a point to bow hunt together every year. In the end, all we have is our memories and I enjoy building them year after year. I have five daughters and one of them has become quite a hunter. Nothing like hunting with family. Thanks for sharing.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    ive never been able to go hunting or fishing with my dad. hold onto those memories and take your ole mans gun and lock it up.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    ive never been able to go hunting or fishing with my dad. hold onto those memories and take your ole mans gun and lock it up.

My first hunt ever, was when I was nine. My parents were going through the divorce and I spent the summer with my Uncle in Montana. He flew out to get me, and took me back. We went shopping and headed out on his land while I was out there.I shot two rabbits on a rabbit hunt in his back yard (his back yard is about 120acres). Let me see if I can dig up a picture.... I have never gone hunting or fishing with my dad either, but I have with my Godfather, Uncles, Cousins and Grandfather. I was lucky enough to have those male figures close in my life.

sFirstKill.jpg

Last edited:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    i have gone out with my uncle down in southern Alabama a couple of times and the only thing i got to kill was a 4 foot gator that was at the age of 18

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    i have gone out with my uncle down in southern Alabama a couple of times and the only thing i got to kill was a 4 foot gator that was at the age of 18

Well you know... You are on a gun forum... I bet you could pick up a deer legal gun fairly easily, and I also bet you could find someone who would take you out this fall, and I would be willing to bet that most guys have either A. Multiple stands set up, or B. Have a couple extra laying around. Even if you didn't kill anything, you could always learn to field dress and care for it. Just saying..

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    oh i now live on 80 acres along with 220 acres in henry county and 132 acres down in connersville with plenty of wildlife coons, yotes, deer, and frequent waterfowl flyovers and also wilbur wright fwa is only 30 minutes away, im there quite often bowfishing. might try this november for some pheasant over there. i cant wait till next year to take my daughter out for her first hunt (she will be beside me). she is turning 3 this sunday

Joshnbb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 21, 2010
    Indianapolis
    oh i now live on 80 acres along with 220 acres in henry county and 132 acres down in connersville with plenty of wildlife coons, yotes, deer, and frequent waterfowl flyovers and also wilbur wright fwa is only 30 minutes away, im there quite often bowfishing. might try this november for some pheasant over there. i cant wait till next year to take my daughter out for her first hunt (she will be beside me). she is turning 3 this sunday

happy 3rd birthday to her

rnungester

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    sentimental value, There would be no price in the world to get rid of perfect memories. I have some hunting memories/pictures of my own. It's nice to bring them out and recollect on old times.

Top Bottom