• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisbobble

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Carmel/Zionsville
    I was able to attend an IDPA match at Hamilton County Fish and Game over the weekend. What fun event with great people.

I am not a member of the IDPA (not yet anyway...) but was allowed to shoot all the same. New shooters were welcomed and instructions were given for us newbies. Some of the people gave me some tips and even let me borrow a magazine holder fro my belt.

If you've never tried this, but thought about, give a "shot". It's interactive, competitive (as competitive as you want it to be anyway), and useful for some skill development. I was a little apprehensive at first to try it, not being very familiar with it, but the people were welcoming and helpful.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The hardest thing for some people to overcome when it pertains to attending their first match...it actually attending their first match! Everyone that has shot in a match has had a '1st match' and any club out there worth their salt will bend over backwards to help a new shooter out while they are there.

Congratulations on opening up a whole new world for yourself! Keep attending and keep spreading the word!

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I agree...I have never been to a match at any range in any state where people were rude. if the newbie will be honest enough to state that this is their first time, 99.9% of the people will do their absolute best to help. Safety officers are a little more patient and keep a closer eye out (for everyone's safety) and other competitors are usually encouraging.

They do this for the overall safety and grwoth of the sport

GONZO!!!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The hardest thing for some people to overcome when it pertains to attending their first match...it actually attending their first match! Everyone that has shot in a match has had a '1st match' and any club out there worth their salt will bend over backwards to help a new shooter out while they are there.

Congratulations on opening up a whole new world for yourself! Keep attending and keep spreading the word!

:+1:

jwo483

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Westfield
    I was glad to see you there Sunday, especially after the reschedule ! having SO'd at the match, you did a great job for your first time. Keep coming back !
    :welcome:

Top Bottom