• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    In 1974 I was 8 years old and I started begging my Dad for a pocket knife. He told me then that on my 10th birthday he would buy me my first knife, well it only took me a year to break him down :D so in the Spring of 1975 my Dad took me to the local hardware to let me pick out a knife. He got two that day, one for me and one for him. I carried it until I was 10 and got my first Buck 110 that is on the bottom of a lake in southern Indiana. Glad I put this knife away and still have it along with one of the Old Timer Muskrats that my Dad got me to clean muskrats with. Post your first knife or story about your first.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    good stuff. i remember the birthday that my father and grandfather took me to get an Old Timer, just like the ones that they carried! i loved that knife for many years and wish i still had it espically now that my grandfather is gone.. but maybe itl turn up in my old bedroom at my parents house someday!
    thanks for the reminder of my own memory that had slipped away

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Excellent story! I've got a Kissing Crane that came from my Dad about the same year. I'm not a slipjoint fan - especially the Chinese Smoky Mountain Crapworks has now - but that Kissing Crane and a couple of slippies from my Grandfather? Well, those would be out of the house faster in a fire than any of my Busses.

Hold on to that knife and pass it on, brother.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I was also 10 years old when I got my first knife one grandpa gave me a case trapper and my other gave me a case 4'' fixed blade hunter. Both grandpas and my dad is all case fans and so am I, so I bought my three boys and my little girl their first knives on their 10th birthday. Oh they was case also.

Top Bottom