My first leather holster. Want to get the right one.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    I'm sure this has been asked many times over, but after an hour with the search feature I have come to the conclusion it's become sentient and sadistic.
    I currently use a blackhawk serpa level 2 sportster for my G19 EDC.
    Don't get me wrong I love nearly everything about that holster, but I feel my EDC deserves something nicer than injection molded plastic.
    Does anyone have suggestions for a good leather OWB Belt or better yet a leather paddle holster? IWB is a big negative.
    First hand experience, and links to the product page would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm sure this has been asked many times over, but after an hour with the search feature I have come to the conclusion it's become sentient and sadistic.
    :yesway: I thought it only hated me!
    I currently use a blackhawk serpa level 2 sportster for my G19 EDC.
    Don't get me wrong I love nearly everything about that holster, but I feel my EDC deserves something nicer than injection molded plastic.
    Then how about form molded Kydex? :):
    Does anyone have suggestions for a good leather OWB Belt or better yet a leather paddle holster? IWB is a big negative.
    First hand experience, and links to the product page would be appreciated.

Being that you have a Glock and are most likely right handed (since you didn't mention it), you should have a plethora of options.

I just bought a Bianchi 56 and am impressed so far. The alternate was the Galco Fletch, but for me tan wasn't available. I bought mine from CopPlus.com - a lot of options and decent prices. LAPoliceGear would be another place to look.

Safariland seems to be quite popular and I know they have several paddle models, especially if lined plastic is acceptable. Lots of retention choices, too.

Mellow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Harrison County
    Sweet smell of leather. Sits close to my side. I love it so far.
    One problem though. The gun fits tight so it is very difficult to unholster it. How would one break in a holster to overcome this? In a SHTF situation I would look like Barney Fife fumbling around trying to remove the weapon

Top Bottom