• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    After a lot of looking and a lot of questions (Thanks Wsenefeld!!) I took the plunge today. Got a 30cal YHM Phantom Light Tactical. The wait cant get here soon enough :ar15:. Just sent the paperwork off today an Im already contemplating doing an SBR now, I can see this is gonna make the wallet a bit lighter :spend:.

Can_zpsmwkjsfsz.jpg

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Glad I could get a fellow firearm enthusiast into the NFA game! :rockwoot:YHM builts great cans at a great price. I truly feel that YHM does the same in the suppressor market that PSA does in the AR-15 market. Both companies offer a very high quality product at a very reasonable price point with an annoyingly long wait, haha. So what's next? A pistol can or rimfire can? :evilangel:Because you know... once you pop, you just can't stop.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Glad I could get a fellow firearm enthusiast into the NFA game! :rockwoot:YHM builts great cans at a great price. I truly feel that YHM does the same in the suppressor market that PSA does in the AR-15 market. Both companies offer a very high quality product at a very reasonable price point with an annoyingly long wait, haha. So what's next? A pistol can or rimfire can? :evilangel:Because you know... once you pop, you just can't stop.

Buddy I agree they really seemed to have everything I wanted at the best price with a great warranty. An the QD system was a huge plus! Ha ha man I tell ya I think I'm leaning toward a SBR in 300blk.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks! I ended up going with Acme Sports in Seymour. Curtis an Joe up there were a big help very helpful with the onslaught of questions I had an always took the time to get back with me. Highly recommend them.

That where I went several years ago when I bought my YHM can. They really know their stuff when it comes to the NFA items.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Congratulation!! I'll be setting up my trust very soon.

How does YHM compare to Saker cans. Wsenefeld was talking about some really good deals around on cans.

Last edited:

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Congratulation!! I'll be setting up my trust very soon.

How does YHM compare to Saker cans. Wsenefeld was talking about some really good deals around on cans.

I have a YHM .30 cal titanium qd can and a Saker 7.62. IIRC, my YHM titanium is 15oz, sgreen3's YHM LT is 20oz, a Saker 7.62 is 23oz (with Y-mount), and a standard YHM .30 M2 is 28oz. The Saker suppresses just a hair better than the YHM cans because it has a slightly smaller bore diameter. The Saker is significantly quieter than the YHM when on a 5.56 rifle and the Saker is taking advantage of swapping the endcap for the 5.56 end cap. Both cans are built like tanks. The YHM is warrantied down to 10.5" for .308 while the Saker is warrantied down to 12.5" for .308. They both have a lifetime warranty and great customer service. The YHM LT can be had for $600 + $200 tax stamp and it includes one 5/8x24 mount. Additional mounts in additional thread patterns can be purchased seperately. The Saker can be found for $900 + $200 tax stamp but will only come with a mount if you have the SilencerCo adapter. If requesting the AAC or YHM adapter, you'll have to purchase a mount.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have a YHM .30 cal titanium qd can and a Saker 7.62. IIRC, my YHM titanium is 15oz, sgreen3's YHM LT is 20oz, a Saker 7.62 is 23oz (with Y-mount), and a standard YHM .30 M2 is 28oz. The Saker suppresses just a hair better than the YHM cans because it has a slightly smaller bore diameter. The Saker is significantly quieter than the YHM when on a 5.56 rifle and the Saker is taking advantage of swapping the endcap for the 5.56 end cap. Both cans are built like tanks. The YHM is warrantied down to 10.5" for .308 while the Saker is warrantied down to 12.5" for .308. They both have a lifetime warranty and great customer service. The YHM LT can be had for $600 + $200 tax stamp and it includes one 5/8x24 mount. Additional mounts in additional thread patterns can be purchased seperately. The Saker can be found for $900 + $200 tax stamp but will only come with a mount if you have the SilencerCo adapter. If requesting the AAC or YHM adapter, you'll have to purchase a mount.

Thanks for all of the info!! At this time it would only be used on a 5.56 but I'm looking at getting at .308 at the end of the year. So, it sounds like the Saker would be the best to get but the YHM might be a little nicer on the wallet. I'll have to look up the db difference between the Saker 7.62 and the LT when on a 5.56.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yea I have to say the YHM did it for me with the price being $600 an the stamp, plus the QD systems and the can itself came with one of the QD mounts already so that's like saving $75 up front.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yea I have to say the YHM did it for me with the price being $600 an the stamp, plus the QD systems and the can itself came with one of the QD mounts already so that's like saving $75 up front.

The included QD mount was a nice touch. My ONLY beef with YHM is that some of their other mounts are a little bit over the top "zombie" themed for me. Seems like the original phantom flash hider style mounts for YHM are much preferred these days.

I think AAC has much better mounts that act as good brakes when the can isn't mounted.

Top Bottom