My first, online firearm buy, was successful!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I'm am going to introduce my nephew's 12 yr old son into the world of shooting. :D We are scheduled for Applied Ballistics 'First Shooters' course next Saturday. I broke the news to him Tuesday, he's pretty excited about it.

I told him that after the class, and recquired AB video, we would do a little more shooting. What I didn't tell him, was that we'll be doing a little rifle shooting. ;) Even though I own a 10/22, I wanted to pick up a bolt action .22 for him to learn on. When I told his dad's brother about it, he said he would split the cost of the rifle. :D

Monday night, I clicked the 'buy it now' on Gunbroker for a Savage MarkII F w/accutrigger for $165 from Apple Land Sport Shop in Wisconsin. :yesway: Tuesday morning, I called Four Guns, and they faxed their FFL :yesway:. A couple hours later, I called Apple Land. After a pleasant coversation, done deal. :D

Picked it up today at Four Guns;

DHH_0776pw.jpg

I plan to take it to AB tomorrow, or Saturday, to test it, and zero it.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Nice rifle. Love the accutrigger. Hopefully the testing goes okay. That was a great price!

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I haven't bought any guns online yet but have been thinking about it. Good to hear you had a good experience and I'm sure he will love the rifle.

HinesFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Glad to hear your purchase went smooth. I was skeptical about buying online but cannot find the gun I want locally. I am hoping to have good online buy experience as you did. Clicked the buy it now and payment was received today, we will see!

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    I bought a Used shotgun on gunbroker last month and had it shipped to FourGuns. Smooth dealings all around!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm am going to introduce my nephew's 12 yr old son into the world of shooting. :D We are scheduled for Applied Ballistics 'First Shooters' course next Saturday. I broke the news to him Tuesday, he's pretty excited about it.

DHH_0776pw.jpg

I plan to take it to AB tomorrow, or Saturday, to test it, and zero it.

OUTSTANDING!

I'll likely be one of your instructors for the NSSF "First-Shots" program. Most all of the employees of AB are one Ingo. Be sure to introduce yourself.
    See you Saturday.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    good for you!!!! The folks at AB are top notch, and the First Shots class is GREAT for beginners, my kids both took it. And it's a great family friendly range to shoot at. I can't even count the number of times someone has offered to let me try out their gun, or I have let someone shoot mine. Everyone I have met there seems very nice and friendly. But heck, shooting always puts ME in a great mood, so I assume it does everyone else too. :)

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    I have this same rifle except its scoped. I dont know if you got a heavy barrel but mine is amazing. this rifle is dead on and a ton of fun to shoot. :)

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    I've used Bud's Gun Shop in Kentucky in the past for online purchases. In one case my local shop didn't have a shotgun in stock I was looking for. I've never had a bad experience with them. I struggle with the balance of "potential lower cost vs. supporting local shops".

Thanks!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I haven't bought any guns online yet but have been thinking about it. Good to hear you had a good experience and I'm sure he will love the rifle.

Thanks.

Glad to hear your purchase went smooth. I was skeptical about buying online but cannot find the gun I want locally. I am hoping to have good online buy experience as you did. Clicked the buy it now and payment was received today, we will see!

Good luck to you. :D

I bought a Used shotgun on gunbroker last month and had it shipped to FourGuns. Smooth dealings all around!

:rockwoot:

OUTSTANDING!

I'll likely be one of your instructors for the NSSF "First-Shots" program. Most all of the employees of AB are one Ingo. Be sure to introduce yourself.
    See you Saturday.

Thanks, but it's next saturday, isn't it?

good for you!!!! The folks at AB are top notch, and the First Shots class is GREAT for beginners, my kids both took it. And it's a great family friendly range to shoot at. I can't even count the number of times someone has offered to let me try out their gun, or I have let someone shoot mine. Everyone I have met there seems very nice and friendly. But heck, shooting always puts ME in a great mood, so I assume it does everyone else too. :)

Thanks.

I have this same rifle except its scoped. I dont know if you got a heavy barrel but mine is amazing. this rifle is dead on and a ton of fun to shoot. :)

Thanks, mine is the standard barrel. I wanted something light for him to learn offhand first.

I've used Bud's Gun Shop in Kentucky in the past for online purchases. In one case my local shop didn't have a shotgun in stock I was looking for. I've never had a bad experience with them. I struggle with the balance of "potential lower cost vs. supporting local shops".

Thanks!

:yesway:

I just got back from AB. First outing was a success! First few groups were iffy, but then they tightened up.:yesway: It's a little left at 25yds, so I'll drift the rear sight slightly, and take it back to check it.

Thanks again, guys. :ingo:

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    A Savage .22 was my first firearm also. The thing is still one of my favorite to shoot. Taught me a lot. Hope he enjoys it!

Top Bottom