• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    It was in a holster...a DeSantis pocket 'wallet' style holster in my back pocket. I only carry holstered ;)
    I think the last time I did a drug test was about 5 years ago, I've slept since then and therefore forgot that people try to carry others people pee in their pockets and therefore that I would be asked to empty my pockets. :dunno:

I do not mean to threadjack. I bought a trickster for
    my P3AT. When I put them in the hip pocket of my old
    man's, my, Wrangler stretch jeans, it shows the entire back
    of the pistol.I am really set in my ways. Right front-keys, knife,
    lighter , flashlight and handkerchief.Left front- 3 aspirins,2 Excedrins,
    handkerchief and a cellphone. Left rear-wallet. Right rear- a comb.
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to carry this combination muzzle up,
    so it only shows leather.Any helpful thoughts, other than to switch
    jeans.Do any of you carry muzzle up?

Thanks

Mark

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Do any of you carry muzzle up?

Thanks

Mark

nope, never carried it that way. It would be way to much fumbling around if you need to pull it in a hurry. For me, I want to just make a fluid 'yes sir, let me get my wallet' and pull out a surprise. I believe pulling it out muzzle first would complicate the draw, take out the element of surprise, and risk you shooting your own hand. I do see your issue, and I have some jeans that give me similar issues. In those cases, I usually carry in my jacket pocket (for now). I'm going to have to revamp my wardrobe, most of my clothes are fitted and that sucks for an IWB holster for my other carry gun.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Nice job on how you handled it, she could of taken it much worse. Last time I had to take that test for a job, I had my 1911 in an IWB like normal so she never saw it. But when I started emptying out my pockets she was surprised how much I had, car keys, pen, and kershaw blackout in rt frt pocket, flashlight, lighter, gum, 2nd knife, and change in lft frt pocket, then wallet in back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    ...Upon arriving at the appointed time, the receptionist handed him a specimen jar, asked him for a "sample," and pointed him to the bathroom.

After spending quite some time in the bathroom, he eventually emerged and handed her a semen sample.

She said, "Oh, well thank you..."

Perhaps she may have had plans for the mistaken sample...? :40oz: :dunno:
    ;)

But we don't do that here...

Maybe not...but HE sure did!

pedobearsadfapplz.gif
    spermblue.gif
    spermblue.gif

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Nice job on how you handled it, she could of taken it much worse. Last time I had to take that test for a job, I had my 1911 in an IWB like normal so she never saw it. But when I started emptying out my pockets she was surprised how much I had, car keys, pen, and kershaw blackout in rt frt pocket, flashlight, lighter, gum, 2nd knife, and change in lft frt pocket, then wallet in back.

sounds like you could use a purse....

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had to do a pre-employment urine test back in late 2002. Never having thought about it before, I was surprised when the nurse at the occupational medicine office told me I had to empty my pockets and put everthing in a little safe bolted to the top of a rolling cart.

I don't remember my exact words, but I said something along the lines of, "This is going to take a while. I hope you're not in a hurry."

She didn't understand.

Then I started emptying my pockets and stuffing stuff into the safe.

It took a while.

Then, since I was in a bit of a mood, I asked, "Do you need everything off of my belt too?"

She didn't understand. I 'splained that I carry some "gear" on my belt.

She said, "That too."

By that point, the two additional flashlights, three magazines, and three pistols didn't phase her much. I think I did warn her before I whipped out the guns, though.

The "taking the test" was somewhat uneventful in comparison.

It took a while to get everything back in place, but I have to commend her for her patience. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume she hasn't had one like me (either before or since).

For those who don't know me, I tend to carry a little bit of stuff on my person.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Okay, this has nothing to do with guns, but I have to share this story since it involves a "sample" issue as raised in the OP.

Many years ago, I was defending a lawsuit in which the plaintiff claimed that he had been made sterile by exposure to different pesticides that he used as part of his job as an exterminator. As we typically do in any personal injury case, we scheduled an "independent medical examination" by a local doctor.

Upon arriving at the appointed time, the receptionist handed him a specimen jar, asked him for a "sample," and pointed him to the bathroom.

After spending quite some time in the bathroom, he eventually emerged and handed her a semen sample.

She said, "Oh, well thank you. But we don't do that here - I just needed a urine sample."

He eventually dropped the lawsuit.

True story.

That is - verbatim - a line from a Jeff Foxworthy joke about trying to get his wife pregnant.

Is there any chance he knew about this case..?

Top Bottom