• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EDCHDS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    After my cheap chinese EDC pocket knife grew legs last week, I decided I'd like something of a little higher quality.

After handling several products I settled on either a Spyderco Delica 4 or a Benchmade Mini-Griptilian. The only Griptilian in stock was a combo edge with pink grips, and there is no way I'm carrying a serrated blade :).

I really like this knife. Very smooth opening and VERY sharp out of the box. The only criticism I have (a very minor one) is the thumbhole is a little sharp and could use a bit more of a chamfer.

Not being much of a knife person I was wondering how well the edge will hold up compared to say a Buck or Gerber and if it will be as easy to sharpen.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You cant go wrong with Spyderco.
    You will be glad the hole is shap when you need to open it with wet hands or gloves.

EDCHDS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I have successfully lost every expensive folders I have owned. Congrates and good luck with your purchase.

Welcome to INGO!

Thank you.

Thats the one reason I've always bought cheap knives before, I tend to lose them :xmad:. Hopefully I'll be a little more careful with this one.

EDCHDS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    You cant go wrong with Spyderco.
    You will be glad the hole is shap when you need to open it with wet hands or gloves.

The sharp hole doesn't seem to bother me as much now since I've been flipping it open and closed for the past 3 hours :D.

Is that normal?

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I also have a Spyderco Delicia 4. I purchased it in 2007, and it is going strong. I have a very high opinion of the product. I carried the knife for several years. I then purchased a SOG for daily carry. When I misplaced it, I bought a Kershaw, which is now my daily carry (other than a very small, Mini Tuff Lite from Cold Steel). I've been pretty loyal to Kershaw (as I had one that I lost in 2005). However, I use my Spyderco as a reserve--and it has much more sentimental value to me than any other knife. I would definitely buy another one--preferably a larger model.

Congratulations on your purchase - I know if will serve you well. If you use it a lot, buy a good quality sharpener and you'll be good to go.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Love Spyderco. I find myself buying more stuff from them every year.

I tend to misplace my expensive folders much less than the cheap ones. I'm sure to ask for them back if someone borrows it, and check my pocket for it constantly.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have been carrying Spyderco for almost 20 years now. My first was a first-gen Endura Spyder-Edge. Today I carry a stainless Delica Plain-Edge (tip-up, left-handed), and a 75mm Ed Schempp persian (tip-up, right-handed) as my EDC.

For the money you spent, I cannot think of a better knife. Welcome to the circle.

-Paul

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Brad has many different models in Benchmade and in Spyderco to choose from. Maybe after you lose this one :): you might check out his selection.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good choice!

VG-10 is a great steel. It's easy to get it ridiculously sharp as long as you have a good heat treatment and good edge geometry, both of which are true for Spydercos.

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I have a Delica 4 with the flat grind, and I've loved it. I need to get another one with the orange handle.
    I just have a handful of Spydercos that I rotate through. once they are all dull, I throw 'em all in a box and get spyderco to get resharpened.

Top Bottom