• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    Since many of you seem to be turning the facts of this around I will add that the state wrestling finals were that day as well. I headed downtown around 9am, watched the first round or two and then during the intermission I went to the 1500 and bought the gun. I then went back to the wrestling finals @ 8pm. I watched who I went to watch and left around 9pm. I stopped at home took a quick shower and headed to Britton to say hello to some friends and was heading to my GF's to spend the night. Yes she knew where I was all day and what I had bought and she has no problem with it. I had a beer or two at the most and left. I wasn't drunk, I wasn't driving drunk and I don't know if there is an incident report or not. I can mention the names of the first officer and the person that I had to ask for my guns back if I wanted to but what would that do?

I'm not looking for a public lynching. I'm just stating what happened after reading another post that questioned another incident in Fishers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum.. I don't know this thread sounds like....
    trolling.jpg

to me. :dunno:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think it's time for a little math refresher.

That being said, it doesn't seem to add up. I don't get why people that have obvious legal issues choose to come here and spill their guts about it. What good is it going to do? Probably hurt any legal action that they may be able to take. Just like you don't say anything to the police officer don't say it here!

My bad, i looked at the year wrong. Just add it to the list of ****ups committed by the police.

As far as talking to the police, especially if you are carrying and don't inform. I could give a **** if you tell me or not. If I pull you over for a traffic violation and you refuse to respond to me at all, don't get all butthurt when i sign you up for whatever i stopped you for, especially if a good explanation would have gotten you a warning.

zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    Kind of like the guy that implied he was "robbed" by the Fishers officer that posts the incident, then all of the sudden says "oh, my lawyer says not to make any more comments about it."

If that was aimed towards my post, I suggest you reread it. I never implied anything about being robbed.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    I feel like I don't even want to waste my time anymore on threads like this, but it's so hard to resist! This website is becoming more and more for me just a place to look at the classifieds.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I feel like I don't even want to waste my time anymore on threads like this, but it's so hard to resist! This website is becoming more and more for me just a place to look at the classifieds.

I saw a sweet deal on a Glock the other day, might check it out! :rockwoot:

I know what you mean, I'm trying to quit the argument threads too.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you feel that a particular thread is trolling, the best solution is to NOT FEED THE TROLLS. There's nothing compelling you to get involved in an argument.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I was pulled over last Feb by one Fishers cop and 4 by the time I was done. I supposedly was driving left of center, but got a warning for not stopping at a stop sign.

I had been to the 1500 that afternoon. This was a Saturday night around 10:30. I had bought a XD40SC and a mag for another gun. I was pulled over coming out of Britton Tavern which is known for being a target of the Fishers PD. I was there for half an hour and had drank a beer or two. So while not being drunk, I didn't want the hassle.

The office approaches and asks for L & R. In the process he sees the mag in the cup well which I had forgot was there and asks if there is a gun in the car. I said three. He is stunned and exclaims "Three!" He asks why I would need three guns in my car after telling me to leave my hands on the sterring wheel. I explained that my Glock 21 is in the console where it always is, I have a Taurus 85 on my ankle and I bought and XD40SC at the 1500 today and it is under the back seat loaded in the case in a sack with some boxed ammo.

Well next thing I knew a second and third and fourth squad car are at the stop. The original officer gets me out of the car. Takes the Taurus off my ankle then retrieves the other two from the truck and takes them to his car. I was asked 10 times why I needed three guns, where I was heading and if I knew anyone on the Fishers PD department that knew me. Same answer each time. Going to my girlfriends, because I just bought one today and no I don't know anyone. He asked for my GF's phone number. He wanted to call and verify that is where I was going. I gave him her number and he called and it went straight to a generic VMX. It was late and she had went to bed and turned off the phone. So the policeman then asks, and this is a good 20 minutes after the origianal stop if he could take my guns just to be safe and I could pick them up at the station Monday. He said it was completely my option, but he would feel better if I complied. Having been drinking I wanted this to end so I agreed. Another 15 minutes pass as he inventories everything and I sign for. Monday morning I am at the station @ 9am and get 12 manilla envelops. 4 for each gun, one with the gun, one with the magazine, one with the round that was in the chamber and one with the rounds that were in the magazine.

Well atleast now I have a better answer if anyone in the Fishers PD knows me.

[strike]You, Sir, are an idiot.[/strike]

Wait, that violates the rules.

You, Sir, acted in an idiotic and irresponsible manner from the get-go.

Josh

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Please explain what I did to make you think I was an idiot. I'll try to make the necessary adjustments to make you happy.

While I can't speak for another poster, I can offer my own observations. Remember not to leave gun related accessories, like magazines, in plain sight. When the officer asked you why you needed three guns, you didn't have to answer him. When asked where you were going, you didn't have to answer him. When the officer requested to take your firearms from you for "safe-keeping" and to make him feel better, you should have most definitely told him, "No!". Just because you had been drinking, doesn't mean you were drunk. If you truly only had two beers, then you had nothing to worry about. I would not surrender my rights just to make a police officer feel better.

I'm not calling you idiotic. I'm just saying you allowed a police officer to walk all over you because you didn't completely understand your rights and his limitations. It happens. Just try to learn from the situation.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    While I can't speak for another poster, I can offer my own observations. Remember not to leave gun related accessories, like magazines, in plain sight. When the officer asked you why you needed three guns, you didn't have to answer him. When asked where you were going, you didn't have to answer him. When the officer requested to take your firearms from you for "safe-keeping" and to make him feel better, you should have most definitely told him, "No!". Just because you had been drinking, doesn't mean you were drunk. If you truly only had two beers, then you had nothing to worry about. I would not surrender my rights just to make a police officer feel better.

I'm not calling you idiotic. I'm just saying you allowed a police officer to walk all over you because you didn't completely understand your rights and his limitations. It happens. Just try to learn from the situation.

This.

Plus, law is wide open about the drinking thing. I do not believe it's smart to go to a gunshow then to a bar right after making purchases. Depending upon the cop (and this one sounds like a winner; he could have brought up the whole drinking thing but didn't), you could have ended up in jail, if only for the night.

As well, letting the officer call your girlfriend, getting her involved, is a bit rude, even if she didn't answer. What proof did the officer have that it would have been your girlfriend, anyway?

Something doesn't add up here and I'm working on what it is.

In short, I don't believe this account to be 100% truthful.

Josh

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville

I appreciate the constructive non name calling critisism, and I agree with a lot of what you say, but again you have to remember that the police can make you appear drunk even when you haven't had any drinks. I can't do the stupid human tricks 100% sober. I simply didn't want this to escalate any further and decided to forego some of my rights in the interest of makng this go away.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Reading and rereading the op, I don't see that the cop did anything WRONG. Other than he took advantage of a misinformed gunowner that only had one or two beers (RIIIGHT!)

Personally I don't think I would have surrendered my weapons, I've never told them my destination other than heading home or going to work. In all my adult years the only "TOOL" of a cop was a newb state trooper down in the Keys when I was a kid and since I knew the training officer I got away with an awful lot on that traffic stop.

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    This.

Plus, law is wide open about the drinking thing. I do not believe it's smart to go to a gunshow then to a bar right after making purchases. Depending upon the cop (and this one sounds like a winner; he could have brought up the whole drinking thing but didn't), you could have ended up in jail, if only for the night.

As well, letting the officer call your girlfriend, getting her involved, is a bit rude, even if she didn't answer. What proof did the officer have that it would have been your girlfriend, anyway?

Something doesn't add up here and I'm working on what it is.

In short, I don't believe this account to be 100% truthful.

Josh

Josh,

So am I an idiot or a liar? Everything that I have written is 100% true. There is nothing else. If I wanted to make something up I could come up with something better and more incriminating. I could have left the bar and drinking out and put in that I was coming from a funeral and mass.

Not that it matters, but I didn't go straight from the 1500 to the bar. I went to more wrestling, home to take a shower then to the bar. I guess I could have left one or two of the guns @ home but I think I have the right to carry as many as I want.

The point of the matter is that the policeman decided I was a threat to someone because was in the possession of three guns. That's it!

Deal with and take your name calling somewhere where it is warranted if you can find that place.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I appreciate the constructive non name calling critisism, and I agree with a lot of what you say, but again you have to remember that the police can make you appear drunk even when you haven't had any drinks. I simply didn't want this to escalate any further and decided to forego some of my rights in the interest of makng this go away.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom