• ...and so much more!
  • Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    January 25, 2013

Dear Justin:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on important issues. I appreciate your input and will remember your views when Congress considers the issues about which you contacted me. I am in the process of setting up my congressional office and soon will begin providing detailed responses to your legislative inquiries.

I believe the Federal government is too big and tries to do too much. I believe Washington takes too much of your hard-earned money and too often spends it unwisely on things we do not need or cannot afford. We have a moral obligation to stop borrowing, lower taxes, control spending, balance the budget, and reduce the debt that is crushing the hopes and dreams of younger generations.

I also believe there is nothing wrong with America today that can't be fixed by the things that have been right about America for the past 236 years. With resolve, we can stop Washington's reckless spending, jump-start our economy, and get America moving again.

I am honored to serve as your representative in Congress and hope you will continue to contact me in the future about the issues that matter most to you and your family.

Again, thank you for the benefit of your views.

Sincerely,

Luke Messer
    Member of Congress

Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended.
    To share your thoughts please visit my webpage.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not bad.

Obviously a "one-size-fits-all" auto response letter. But at least he seems to be saying the right thing in the response.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is his official response to the President's gun control push: He gets it!

Statement from Congressman Luke Messer on Obama Administration Gun Control Proposal | Congressman Luke Messer

“The Second Amendment protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms from being infringed. I will defend this constitutional bedrock against the unwarranted assaults the President announced today.”

“The President’s attempt to circumvent Congress to implement part of his gun grab should concern all Americans, regardless of whether they own a firearm. These proposals should be carefully considered by Congress and not rushed through by a President who is unwilling or not interested in working with the representatives of the people.”

“Our entire nation mourns the terrible loss of life that occurred in Connecticut last month. In response, we need a serious discussion about how we treat mental health in our country. I am ready and willing to work together on real solutions like improving school security and determining how we best identify and treat the people who carry out such evil acts.”

“But, gun bans are not the answer. History shows that gun bans keep guns away from law abiding citizens, not criminals.”

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    This is his official response to the President's gun control push: He gets it!

Statement from Congressman Luke Messer on Obama Administration Gun Control Proposal | Congressman Luke Messer

“The Second Amendment protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms from being infringed. I will defend this constitutional bedrock against the unwarranted assaults the President announced today.”

“The President’s attempt to circumvent Congress to implement part of his gun grab should concern all Americans, regardless of whether they own a firearm. These proposals should be carefully considered by Congress and not rushed through by a President who is unwilling or not interested in working with the representatives of the people.”

“Our entire nation mourns the terrible loss of life that occurred in Connecticut last month. In response, we need a serious discussion about how we treat mental health in our country. I am ready and willing to work together on real solutions like improving school security and determining how we best identify and treat the people who carry out such evil acts.”

“But, gun bans are not the answer. History shows that gun bans keep guns away from law abiding citizens, not criminals.”

Why couldn't he have sent me that?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Haven't gotten any response from our new Senator, but it is great to see our members of the house speaking up for our rights.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    January 25, 2013

Dear Justin:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on important issues. I appreciate your input and will remember your views when Congress considers the issues about which you contacted me. I am in the process of setting up my congressional office and soon will begin providing detailed responses to your legislative inquiries.

I believe the Federal government is too big and tries to do too much. I believe Washington takes too much of your hard-earned money and too often spends it unwisely on things we do not need or cannot afford. We have a moral obligation to stop borrowing, lower taxes, control spending, balance the budget, and reduce the debt that is crushing the hopes and dreams of younger generations.

I also believe there is nothing wrong with America today that can't be fixed by the things that have been right about America for the past 236 years. With resolve, we can stop Washington's reckless spending, jump-start our economy, and get America moving again.

I am honored to serve as your representative in Congress and hope you will continue to contact me in the future about the issues that matter most to you and your family.

Again, thank you for the benefit of your views.

Sincerely,

Luke Messer
    Member of Congress

Please do not reply to this email. The mailbox is unattended.
    To share your thoughts please visit my webpage.

I got the same reply, word for word around 3pm today

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I also got something from Dan Coats just saying thank you for registering for his news letter

Ominius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I got a response from Indiana State Representative Phyllis Pond.

Thank you for contacting me with your comments and concerns regarding Indiana's fire arm regulations. I believe that all Americans, regardless of their personal and political beliefs, are devastated and saddened by the events that occurred in Newtown, CT, and those unthinkable acts have undoubtedly spawned a new debate on gun control.

While I have not elected to carry legislation regarding stricter gun laws in the State of Indiana, if one of my fellow legislators does propose such legislation, and I have the opportunity to hear a debate and vote on the issue, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me with future questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Phyllis Pond
    State Representative
    House District 85

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009

Thank you for contacting me with your comments and concerns regarding Indiana's fire arm regulations. I believe that all Americans, regardless of their personal and political beliefs, are devastated and saddened by the events that occurred in Newtown, CT, and those unthinkable acts have undoubtedly spawned a new debate on gun control.

While I have not elected to carry legislation regarding stricter gun laws in the State of Indiana, if one of my fellow legislators does propose such legislation, and I have the opportunity to hear a debate and vote on the issue, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me with future questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Phyllis Pond
    State Representative
    House District 85

She doesn't sound in favor of the 2A. Who knows

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute

Sincerely,

Phyllis Pond
    State Representative
    House District 85
    I would respond and ask her to share her thoughts on gun control, letting her know that her letter didn't give you any idea where she stands on the issue.

Top Bottom