• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. FiveseveN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    North Central
    Here is my get home bag. Let me know what you guys think, but take it easy on me its my first post. (hopefully the pictures show up :D)

416.jpg

It is a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. I can't say enough good things about this little pack and other Maxpedition products.

Here is the CCW pouch with the velcro holster.

417.jpg

...and the main compartment

420.jpg

Here is an overview of everything I have stuffed in it.

404.jpg

-bottle of water
    -steel cup
    -Cliff Bars
    -phone charger
    -ear buds
    -blootooth headset
    -microfiber cloth
    -thumb drive
    -spork
    -chapstick
    -floss
    -toothbrush/toothpaste
    -insect repellent
    -compass
    -a few bic lighters
    -fire steel
    -Photon light
    -maglight 2AA flashlight
    -Petzel headlamp w/ filters (this lamp rocks)
    -cheap binos
    -leather gloves
    -a couple space blankets
    -about 100' of 550 cord
    -pen/sharpie/paper pad
    -mini first aid kit
    -H&K multitool w/ bits
    -neck knife
    -SOG Seal Pup
    -S&W Folder
    -ear plugs
    -gun/extra mag/box of ammo

Here is an up close shot of the knives.

408.jpg

...and the very basic first aid kit

415.jpg

-bandaids
    -alcohol wipes
    -eye drops
    -cotton swabs
    -asprin and non asprin pills
    -tweezers

Last but not least a close up of the gun...

406.jpg

It is a 5.7 X 28mm w/a 20 rnd mag and a 30 rnd mag. I also keep a 50 rnd box (just in case).

I use items this bag almost evey day. It is in the trunk of my car, in the back seat of my truck, or next to my bed when I sleep. It is still very much a work in progress. At this point I would put the weight at around ten pounds.

I will soon be adding:
    -water purification tabs
    -Klean Kanteen

Thanks for reading guys. if anyone has any ideas for me please let me know.

-Mr.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Good first post! Looks like a pretty good take home bag. You know best what needs to be in there as you know what your most likely "get home" scenario is. All useful stuff in there. Welcome to INGO! A couple of suggestions for consideration.

- Extra cash in small bills.
    - Duct tape.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Welcome to INGO! :)
    I pretty much have the same things in my EDC bag.

I would get a better first aid kit thought, more like a trauma kit that can handle large wounds.Especially if you carry a gun and knives, if you have to use those people facing you will probably have the same type of tools.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Looks pretty good. I have mostly the same stuff.
    I would suggest some T.P. and I keep a small tarp in mine as well for several reasons.

Rather than TP use baby wipes, they're antibacterial, smell good, wet for cleaning, and store easily. Buy one of the small packs and fill up the container, great for GHB.

Also a few things I noticed but I wanted to ask first, how far is this bag getting you home from? Some of those items seem like random clutter if you just need to get home.

Earbuds, bluetooth, thumb drive, spork (for what food?), toothbrush and tooth paste (more weight to carry for something that won't keep you alive or feed you). I'd add a survival straw as well as the purifying tabs because it's lightweight and will let you drink water in an area you can't scoop out of if things get tough. This is all just my honest opinion as when I built my GHB I stripped what I thought I needed down to the minimum and then added according to priority and took about 4lbs off.

Crap, editing because I forgot to say it's a great start. I've been reorganizing and dealing with mine for a couple of years solid, uphill battle I guess. lol

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Great first post bro!
    Welcome to the forum ..

Good first post! Looks like a pretty good take home bag. You know best what needs to be in there as you know what your most likely "get home" scenario is. All useful stuff in there. Welcome to INGO! A couple of suggestions for consideration.

- Extra cash in small bills.
    - Duct tape.

Gorilla Tape .. Home Depot has is, the Duct Tape of the 21st century.

TK

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Is this an EDC bag or a GHB? If it is the latter, I don't know why you would want/need some of the items you have listed.

I would add spare socks, some kind of rain gear, spare batteries, an LED flashlight, at least 1 bandanna, and maybe a couple face masks (paper or N95). You might also consider adding more food than just the two Clif bars.

How long are you expecting it to take to get home, and how far will you be needing to go?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Is this an EDC bag or a GHB? If it is the latter, I don't know why you would want/need some of the items you have listed.

I would add spare socks, some kind of rain gear, spare batteries, an LED flashlight, at least 1 bandanna, and maybe a couple face masks (paper or N95). You might also consider adding more food than just the two Clif bars.

How long are you expecting it to take to get home, and how far will you be needing to go?

Good ideas, I have all those stuff in my bag.
    Also I believe the headlamp he has is LED but it's always good to have more than one.

Ear plugs and safety glasses/sun glasses could be a good option too.

Mr. FiveseveN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    North Central
    Thanks for all the input fellas!

-Gorilla tape for sure (maybe on a small diameter PVC pipe)
    -I am going to see if I can attach a small tarp and maybe a wool blanket to the bottom of the bag.
    -the bag might be a little knife heavy I think I will take the neck knife out
    -a little cash will come in handy
    -spare wool socks
    -some wet naps (chick-fil-a here I come)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a relatively durable and compact poncho?

Thanks again. Man it feels good to no longer be a lurker :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thanks for all the input fellas!

-Gorilla tape for sure (maybe on a small diameter PVC pipe)
    -I am going to see if I can attach a small tarp and maybe a wool blanket to the bottom of the bag.
    -the bag might be a little knife heavy I think I will take the neck knife out
    -a little cash will come in handy
    -spare wool socks
    -some wet naps (chick-fil-a here I come)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a relatively durable and compact poncho?

Thanks again. Man it feels good to no longer be a lurker :D

You can find re-rolled duct tape or do it yourself.
    A roll of quarters could be a good idea if you need to use a phone, and can actually find one that will take coins.

Im not sure if you can find a poncho both durable and compact.
    I think the cheap $1 ones work great, they are compact, and in your get home back you will probably use them just for a few hours so durability is not an issue.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'd suggest a surplus poncho and a poncho-liner instead of a wool blanket and cheap poncho. I don't know if they make the poncho-liners with Thinsulate anymore (you used to be able to get them that way), but the combination makes a good, compact emergency sleep set, when combined with appropriate clothing for the weather. If you don't want to spend the money or don't want any hint of "military", use a couple of the thickest lawn bags you can find; holes in the bottom and sides suffice for a poncho, duct tape (to cover the holes) and dry leaves for insulation between two lawn bags makes an acceptable (if not terribly durable) sleeping bag. For about $30 you can also buy an aluminized cloth emergency sleeping bag that's about the size of a coke can in its stuff sack. If you don't want to spend the money on battle dressings, get a couple feminine hygiene pads to substitute and combine them with a couple elastic roll bandages. Definitely get a combat tourniquet.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Being old and slow I figure I'll always be overnight even from 7-8 miles away. That means I have a garbage bag for a raincoat, a tarp for a shelter w/ 15 foot of cordage, and a package of dry chicken noodle soup mix. Your kit looks great for most people. Oh yeah, my shooter is a .22 cal.

Top Bottom