• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    This morning I was leaving to go see a recruiter for the Army. As I was driving away from my house, I seen a big dog running free down my block. I went back around, seen it still running. I parked and got out. It was a big Golden Retriever/ Husky mix. It looked friendly but nervous. As first, it came right to me when I whistled. I held it's collar while I looked at the tags. I underestimated its strength and it got out of my grip and started running. I called my vet, gave them its ID# and they looked up the owner. They called them and I got the address and the dogs name. I hung up and started running to the end of my block and she was getting far away. I chased her down and successfully brought her back to her owner.

He shook my hand and thanked me. I went on my way.

Why did I stop? I said, what if it were my dog?

At the recruiters office, I took the AFQT and easily passed. I'll be taking the asvab on wednesday.

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Aww, I make sure ours have name, address, and number right on a tag. One's a Schnauzer that'll run if she can get out, the other's a puppy that won't even get off the deck yet, but when she does, I won't count on her homing skills.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good job on bringing that dog back home. Some people's dogs mean a great deal to them and I am one of those people.

Good job.

I hope you enjoy your new career in the US Army!

Terry

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    My dog has only "got away" from me once. As I was running down the street after him , those were the scariest, most frightening moments of my life (dog related) .A nice young man saw my face and stopped his car by my dog ,got out and called the dog who , of course , went right to him. He held the dog until I could catch up. Happy ending.. VERY THANKFUL for him.. I will Pay it forward. NICE JOB ,:yesway: some dogs are like family, I would hate to loose,.... even the stupid ones :n00b:

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    This is why I plead with dog owners to include name and phone number at a bare minimum on an ID tag. The two dogs I have held, neither had ID on them. At that point there is nothing you can do besides call the Pound. Those little microchips are nice but don't count on somebody giving up their entire day to go the vet while in a car with a strange dog. More likely they will call the pound and hopefully their very efficient government run staff finds the microchip and contacts you with the up to date information on the microchip, while your dog is on the clock as far as euthanasia goes.

Please save yourself the agony and spend the .49 to get them a tag with minimal contact information.

Top Bottom