• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SLIM86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I have a finally decided to make a list and decided not to stray from it with impulse buys, my question is what next? Of the iconic guns I recently bought a 1911 and I own an AR-15 and a single action .357 mag as well as many other guns. But what I don't have is the following list that I see as a must have by any gun collector. I write this to peck at the infinite wisdom of this site, in the current situation we are in 70 years later from WWII should I grab up on of these firearms vs the other?

M1 Garand
    M1 Carbine
    Thompson (either version, preferably both)
    AK-47
    .44 mag revolver
    Lever Action Rifle (.357mag .44mag)
    Saiga 12 Guage

Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated

Lil Bob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Crown Point, Indiian
    M1 carbines are getting ready to be released again at CMP. That would be my first, then the M1. Those would be my 1st two choices. Overall good list. I would be really choosy about the 44 mag. Ruger made my hands hurt shooting them, SW did not.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I would get the M1 Garand, they will continue to be more and more expensive as time rolls on.
    I personally never really got into the M1 Carbine, shot a few, they are fun to shoot, and there is at least one member on here that uses his as a home defense weapon.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just recently checked the Garand off my list. I sent an order in Friday to the CMP to get in line for one of the carbines. I've got my fingers crossed, that will soon be off my list as well.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I have a finally decided to make a list and decided not to stray from it with impulse buys, my question is what next?
    :lmfao: Good luck! Let us know how that works out for you! I also wasn't going to buy any firearms this year and focus on ammo and training.... 2 have already followed me home....

Along with everybody else, get the milsurps first. They will never be cheaper than they are right now.

SLIM86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    :lmfao: Good luck! Let us know how that works out for you! I also wasn't going to buy any firearms this year and focus on ammo and training.... 2 have already followed me home....

Along with everybody else, get the milsurps first. They will never be cheaper than they are right now.

Yea it will be tough I bought 2 impulse guns last month so we will
    See what happens. OK thanks for the input guys

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I agree with dnc59. That looks like a good list. If you're a history guy you could add an M1903 and an M1917. I always thought those were pretty cool too.

Top Bottom