• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

davek22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    One evening a couple of years ago went riding my bicycle over by Shades State Park. I rode a few miles the turned around and heahed for home the way I had just come. When I rode past this house, I was on the other side of the county road, I heard a couple of dogs barking at me. I looked around at them and they were stopped at the edge of the yard, so I just kept riding. A few seconds later, they were almost up even with me. I yelled at them and sort of kicked at them, but one reached up and bit at my thigh just as I drew my Kahr 40 cal and shot toward the dogs. I was trying to not hit my leg, and due to the fact that I was completely out of control, my shot did not connect, The muzzle blast got the dogs off of me. By that time the owner and a friend came and wanted to know "what happened?" I was laying in the ditch tangled up in my bike, trying to ready my gun, my shorts were ripped and bloody, and my leg had fang marks in it. You tell me what happened. I am convinced that had I not benn carrying my gun, I would have been mauled by both dogs. Oh yeah, did I mention they were both Pit Bulls?

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    so you shot yourself and blamed it on imaginary dogs........just kidding. Never a good situation when you have to draw your weapon let alone fire a shot. Good to hear you're ok. Welcome to INGO.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Welcome aboard!

And as an aside, you have satisfied two of the most important qualifications in your first post...

You mentioned your Gun and Bacon in the title :):

Glad to have you here! :draw:

davek22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I didn't have to use the gun on the dogs owner, but I should have shot the dog anyway. I turned it into animal control. He was supposed to pay me $150, but never did. They kept those dogs, moved into town, and the dogs got loose, went into a friends back yard where their children play, and ripped that families dog in two. When people ask me why I carry a gun when i ride my bike, I just tell them to come riding with me down by the Shades!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom