• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevy07_man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Haubstadt
    New guy to the site. Just wanted to share what my guns as of now are. My first gun of purchase was The Ruger LCR in the .38 spl. This seems to be very nice gun. Verylight weight and feels good shooting. My Plinker gun i just got is the Ruger SR22 pistol. Im waiting for weather to warm up some to practice shooting this gun. I let my fiancee' Shot my lcr and shes actually pretty good with it. But she said it kicked just a little too much for her liking, so will be searching for a pistol for her. This site seems great and very informitive.:rockwoot:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I let my fiancee' Shot my lcr and shes actually pretty good with it. But she said it kicked just a little too much for her liking, so will be searching for a pistol for her. This site seems great and very informitive.:rockwoot:
    :welcome:
    Not sure about price range or if she is into autos or revolvers but you may have her try a Bersa Thunder .380 or 9mm (I can't believe I just recommended a 9mm...it is for a girl though), they are inexpensive, easy to handle and you can get them in single stack or double stack to fit smaller or larger hands. Also VERY reliable with a nice trigger.

chevy07_man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Haubstadt
    ok. I will look into that. Well I just went out and put 50rds through my 22 and it is great. No problems with feed/eject and has nice feel when shooting.

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Welcome, and nice start to a collection! Don't think I've ever fired a ruger sp22, I have my father's old custom Hi-Standard Victor he used when he was on the Indiana state bullseye team back in the late 70's when I was in grade school though. I love to shoot that, and .22 is so inexpensive to shoot!!

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    :welcome:
    Not sure about price range or if she is into autos or revolvers but you may have her try a Bersa Thunder .380 or 9mm (I can't believe I just recommended a 9mm...it is for a girl though), they are inexpensive, easy to handle and you can get them in single stack or double stack to fit smaller or larger hands. Also VERY reliable with a nice trigger.

We looked at this for my lady. She could not rack the slide. She has trouble with getting a grip on the thin slides.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Welcome to our addiction. Nice start.
    Look at double action revolvers for her if she has issue with auto loaders. Many nice, inexpensive pieces available for the lady's. Something in a 5 shot for size and weight.
    ThrottleJockey was spot on with the Bursa in (Ugh) 9 mm or 380 for an auto loader.
    It does hurt to recommend a 9.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    .380 is a good start for a woman! I would recommend the Walther PK380. Its small but not too small. It racks really easy for smaller hands. My wife actually likes shooting it and is pretty good with it.

Anyway, congrats on having a woman that likes guns! We are the lucky ones!

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    .380 is a good start for a woman! I would recommend the Walther PK380. Its small but not too small. It racks really easy for smaller hands. My wife actually likes shooting it and is pretty good with it.

Anyway, congrats on having a woman that likes guns! We are the lucky ones!

C'mon! I started my wife out on a 9mm. She thought it was nothing.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    9mm arent that bad...kinda like .22's, cheap to shoot if you like shooting often.
    Not to mention some of the ammo for 9mm is pretty kick ass.

Was hoping my wife would take over the S&W SD9 i have and give me an excuse to buy something else.

Id just carry my G22 till i found something :)

Top Bottom