• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    This afternoon my kids were outside playing. One of them heard a whistling sound and another saw the glint of the sun off of the bullet as it passed within a few feet of him. It ricocheted off our mulch, hit the house, and came to rest in the mulch. My nephew retrieved the bullet. It's a 22. I called the Sheriff's department and filed a report.

We live out in the country about 8 miles west of Spencer. It had to come from east of my house. I know it's not my nearby neighbors due to the angles involved. It had to be further away (especially since it was traveling slow enough to be seen).

ALWAYS KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND YOUR TARGET!

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    :wow:

Glad your kids are ok! If you can try and retrace the steps and find the shooter and kindly, but sternly, tell them what happened.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    :wow:

Glad your kids are ok! If you can try and retrace the steps and find the shooter and kindly, but sternly, tell them what happened.

I wish I could but it happened at 4:30pm. I didn't get home until about 7:00 and the Sheriff deputy arrived about 7:30. I figured the person would be long gone.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    if you heard a whistling or buzzing sound, most likely the bullet was tumbling. There's a good chance the shooter was closer than you are assuming and the round had already skipped off something (the ground/backstop/etc)...

-rvb

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Whoever did this must be rich if they can afford to shoot 22lr these days! Glad that everyone is ok. If this happens again call me. I'll come out and lay down some suppressing fire into the tree line with you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Makes me think "Way" back to the days we did a lot of Squirrel hunting. Always shooting UP. Not near as many houses by a long shot but still, no one ever hits every time. There is always an errant round.

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Buddy was repairing his roof this weekend. He lives in a not so great part of town. He found at least 2 bullets, that I know of, embedded in his roof. We are assuming people shooting into the air, bullet remains lodged in the shingles until he removed them. Not the first time he has found bullets / empty cases / WHOLE rounds on his property. Kinda scary really...

Top Bottom