my LGS is selling on gunbroker, upset on it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm a big "shop local" and "buy American" kind of guy. But on the other hand, I'm not a one-man welfare department either. When I decide to make a purchase (for anything of significance), I check around and that includes on-line retailers. Let them test the market...you do the same thing, Havoc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why was the items still on display. They should have been removed from customer view.
    I have reduced my support to 3 LGS due to friendships and reliable/fair/dealing.
    One of the shops owners pulled a BCG out of one of his personal AR's the other day and let me have it until I can replace it so a project could be finished. When the part is available I will replace it for him. I am blessed to know such people. They sold everything the had on the shelves at the tag price with no insanity mark ups.
    I am with you Havoc...no more of my money would go into their business. Pull the items from the floor and do not rub a good loyal customers nose in it. Bad business.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    instead of offering their new just-in stock to their local clientele, very LOYAL clientele, including myself, they decide to give us the shaft and put it for auction.

the short of the matter was today 'no, you can't buy that, its going on gunbroker'

I was unsure how I felt about this, when it happened today, but as I'm writing this, I'm really kind of depressed about it. Don't think they'll get any more of my money.
    I can't even think of how much I've spent there in the last 1.5 years - 2 ARs, a Judge, Ruger American, a G22, Ruger LCR, Sub2K, Mosin, a Dillon 550B, few hundred in leather, and another couple grand in reloading componets.
    I can't tell you how disheartened I am by this action.

Could this all be a huge misunderstanding? :dunno:

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I don't see the problem. On high demand items, why not sell them for current market prices?
    Are you upset that you didn't get the buy a firearm for much lower than current market price? This is the same argument and whining I see people talking about all over the place. Why should he sell it to you so that you (or anyone) make money by selling it on gunbroker?
    The shop will just need to understand that it goes both ways and customers will now shop online for better prices too.

I do agree that the guns shouldn't be out on display.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    I don't have a dog in this fight and it appears there may have been a misunderstanding. But yesterday I was at GM in Lafayette and saw they had a pile of P Mags on a shelf behind the counter so I asked do you have any P Mag the guy said yea right we have been out for days. I then pointed to that pile and said well then what are those? He said those are for the customers buying a AR so I asked so you have AR's he said no we are out of those too while right next to me was a guy filling out a 4473 with a open AR box. I just pointed he said well that was in lay away. I said well since you don't have anything I guess I will never be back. He said well I have other guns just not what you are looking for the guy lied 2 times to me just tell me those mags are for special people and you aint one of them and then give me the finger. End result is the same God I miss Sportsman Warehouse.
    Sorry to hijack your thread it looks like you may be able to work things out a good shop is hard to find take a deep breath and go see what the deal is.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    op sounds a little butthurt. If I was buying the item on gunbroker and the shop tells me, "sorry but one of my loyal customers came in and bought it...we just forgot to pull it off the gb website". I would be pissed and not buy from them online again. double edged sword if you ask me. should they have hidden it from public view? probably. Should the op have understood that they forgot to hide it from public view? probably.

sounds like a simple misunderstanding and the op is a little sore about it because he spends lots of dough there and feels he deserves the item. my $.02 anyway.

JCatt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    They are the best gun store in the area period. I make the drive down there not because of their inventory & prices, but because they are just plain & simple good guys to deal with. Its their business, in this case personal business to sell what ever where ever they want. Besides with the uncertain future they should be making all the money the can and as a customer I understand that.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    internet sales are here to stay, so get used too it

I don't think anyone would argue that point as it has been that way for quite awhile. The LGS certainly has a right to run his business the way he wants in order to stay in business. However what loyalty does he have to his local patrons who maybe up to this point have kept him in business and the cash flow coming. If he can get a higher price online so be it, but I'm saying come up with a "buy now" price for the very same people who have been loyal customers.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    There is no fight or argument here. The guys at the shop took some of my personal ammo and took pictures of it so they could put it on gun broker. They did exactly what I told them to. I have already arranged for the OP to get a case of .308 ammo this week from an incoming shipment that mainly was to replace my personal stash.

IN the last week I have brought back to the shop about 10 of my personal modern sporting rifles, most I have had for years. So far all of them have sold in the shop, but I most likely will put some on gun broker. I am left with 4 AR's personally at this time, and three of them are my boys. I even sold my wifes AR's.

We sold over 120 AR's in 4 days, not one of them went to gun broker during that time period. Our existing and new customers got them all at normal prices. Now with that said, we will from time to time place items on gun broker. If people are stupid enough to pay inflated prices I might as well make some extra coin as I am uncertian of our companies future. If that offends anyone then take you business elsewhere. If my shop fails due to new legislation I will quite possibly loose my house and other assets. Anyone care to take a family of 5 in, well 6 with the dog.

Looks like he answered pretty well.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I don't think anyone is contesting that they don't have the right to conduct business as they see fit. We just don't want to hear how we have to support this local shop when someone says they got a better deal at the ChinaMart.

I see your point. I support a few local shops but that doesn't mean i buy everything from there either, i just prefer to deal with them rather than anyone else.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "What we have here.........."

"........is a failure to communicate". Wish I had a dime for every time something like this happens. Too many people getting their exercise by jumping to conclusions!

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The shop owner doesn't have to explain anything to anyone just in the same manner a consumer doesn't need to explain his or her buying habits or patronage to any shop.

Why anyone should feel that they are owed something for shopping at any particular location is beyond me. If you shop there it must mean you are happy with their prices and selection, their obligation to you is done.
    If you build s repor and relationship with the shop that's icing on the cake but by no means a contract to give you first dibs on anything.

$10k over two years...... Try $50k a year, then they might call you their buddy.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I wonder what would happen if every ingo advertiser started a thread every time someone came into their shop and said, how much for a transfer? I found it at buds cheaper so I'm just going to get it there.

I doubt they would start a thread saying how they felt slighted by your cheating ways. Capitalism is a two way street

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    First, you want it so bad? Buy it on Gunbroker. Second it makes sense for shops to sell on Gunbroker. They can maximize profits, while getting there name out there to advertise and hook new customers. Now if they had pulled all there inventory to price gouge on the internet that would be one thing, but selecting a handful of guns and ammo to put on there is pretty normal, and I don't see why you would stop shopping there because of that.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I wonder what would happen if every ingo advertiser started a thread every time someone came into their shop and said, how much for a transfer? I found it at buds cheaper so I'm just going to get it there.

I doubt they would start a thread saying how they felt slighted by your cheating ways. Capitalism is a two way street

They may not start a thread about it, but I know alot of them won't do business with bud's or they charge a extremely high amount to do a transfer fee. Sort of their way to protest shopping outside their store.

Top Bottom