• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I think Case Gages come in handy and are inexpensive. Dillon makes a good product.
    I agree with this, but for just starting up he can use the barrel or cylinder to check fitment. Length can be measured. But, in the future I would gather them up-makes checks loads quicker.

I agree with others on the trimmer, deburr and reamer-for pistol calibers I've never had an issue. I toss them in the tumbler still with spent primer and then reload. And instead of trying to find deals on lots of parts-compare prices at several places and place one order to save on shipping. It may end up cheaper that way. Midsouth Shooters Supply seems to be one of the best. Or stop by Profire if you're on the west side of Indy. Pay a little more, but no shipping and the staff can answer most any question.

And when using Lee dies-it's easier to use the seating die as a bullet seated only and not use the crimp capability of it. Use the factory crimp die to crimp. It's an extra step, but less frustration.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I bought walnut tumbling media at harbor freight a big 25 lb box for I think $25. You will need a way to separate media I use a plastic pasta strainer and a 5 gallon bucket. I also use a lot of small resealable plastic containers from walmart for storing and separating brass they are very inexpensive and come in handy. I use the lee powder scale and it will get you started I questioned its accuracy so I tested against a digital scale I have for backup and it was very accurate and has held up well. I would also recommend some polish for tumbling brass I use nufinish car wax.

Top Bottom