• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It's almost like the 320 is a poorly designed gun...
    I've always kinda had a feeling the 320 was 'rushed' into operation to get the US Military contract...and that concern was revealed during the initial recall / retrofit over the incidental or negligent 'misfire' issue they have!
    Me, personally, I'm not a fan of the 320's more vertical grip angle, as it's just not a natural or comfortable fit for me. The 'accidental discharge' issue, is another reason!

Last edited:

Gunaddict

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I've always kinda had a feeling the 320 was 'rushed' into operation to get the US Military contract...and that concern was revealed during the initial recall / retrofit over the incidental or negligent 'misfire' issue they have!
    Me, personally, I'm not a fan of the 320's more vertical grip angle, as it's just not a natural or comfortable fit for me. The 'accidental discharge' issue, is another reason!
    I had looked at a 320 in .45 caliber that felt really good in my hands. Is the “drop issue” for all of them? I would really like to try and find one and wish I would have bought it when I had the chance.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I had looked at a 320 in .45 caliber that felt really good in my hands. Is the “drop issue” for all of them? I would really like to try and find one and wish I would have bought it when I had the chance.
    The drop issue was corrected via the voluntary upgrade in 2017. All new guns since then have come from the factory upgraded. There are a few things you can check to determine if an older gun was sent back to Sig for the upgrade. More info here: https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And it continues...........

All Cambridge Police officers carry the Sig Sauer P320, a gun that has a history of allegedly firing without the trigger being pulled.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And it continues...........

All Cambridge Police officers carry the Sig Sauer P320, a gun that has a history of allegedly firing without the trigger being pulled.

Sounds like that Dept needs to be taught the simple fact, when you pull the trigger, a firearm will fire.

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    When I buy an optics ready gun, it isn’t hard to look to see if you lose the rear sight. It’s pretty obvious, so if that’s a big deal to you, I get it, but you should have known.

I hate suppressor height sights, so my sights are always blocked by the base and battery of the optic, so I never care if I lose the sights or not.

The Glock 43x MOS has the same issue of optics screw going into the extractor and can cause major issues. I learned that the hard way.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I buy an optics ready gun, it isn’t hard to look to see if you lose the rear sight. It’s pretty obvious, so if that’s a big deal to you, I get it, but you should have known.

I hate suppressor height sights, so my sights are always blocked by the base and battery of the optic, so I never care if I lose the sights or not.

The Glock 43x MOS has the same issue of optics screw going into the extractor and can cause major issues. I learned that the hard way.
    The newer versions of most of the Sigs don't lose the rear sight anymore.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged, Cambridge police confirmed."

$20 says he dropped it and tried to catch it.

Looking forward to the first proof in these dozens of lawsuits that the gun fires without a trigger pull.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like the 320 X5 Legion still loses the rear sight, but I see a lot of other models do keep the rear sight now. It’s a big ol heavy gun, but it’s been 100% reliable, and is a blast to shoot.

View attachment 345046
    Looks due to the real estate that the Dawson Precision adjustable sight takes that there wasn't a way around it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Top Bottom