• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Yesterday when I checked the mail there was a package, I thought to myself "my holster got here fast" then... I see my roommates name. As I look through the rest of the mail I see a letter from ISP :), then I see pink paper:D, then... I see my roommates name :xmad:!!! I did paper prints on Oct.11 2012 and still haven't got my LTCH or a denial letter. Found out the other day my money order was cashed Jan.10 2013. I did have a felony DUI ( I know, dumba** thing to do) converted to a misdemeanor a few years ago, but that didn't stop me from buying four firearms last year, including my first AK-47 :D. But really.... three months just to cash the MO?? Plus an additional 15-17 week wait after that. This wait is getting very frustrating.

Don't know where I was going this, just a rant I guess....

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    State law gives ISP 24 hours to cash your money order from the time they receive it. My guess is that it was sitting at your local department for three months.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    How do you get a felony DUI?

Is that like, multiple DUIs, hit and run, etc?

Second DUI within 5 years. First one I deserved, I drank way too much to be driving. Second one was bs, I blew the limit, passed the other field test but he still arrested me anyway. I guess because I had a prior DUI. Learned my lesson.

yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    Second DUI within 5 years. First one I deserved, I drank way too much to be driving. Second one was bs, I blew the limit, passed the other field test but he still arrested me anyway. I guess because I had a prior DUI. Learned my lesson.

You blew the limit, but passed field sobriety tests? Why was the dui bs, again?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012

IIRC the limit (.08) is illegal. You must be below it. Also, field sobriety tests are usually the main evidence, a preliminary breath test is (most always) used only as further proof. Not calling you a liar, but I don't feel like you're telling the whole story. Anyway, glad you have learned your lesson.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Been there...Once (young and dumb).

I learned my less after the first one though.:):

IIRC the limit (.08) is illegal. You must be below it. Also, field sobriety tests are usually the main evidence, a preliminary breath test is (most always) used only as further proof. Not calling you a liar, but I don't feel like you're telling the whole story. Anyway, glad you have learned your lesson.

I always here people say .08 is the legal limit. Not that it matters, because it's the one at the station that counts, so the time it takes to get there would only help his cause.

Anyway, when I got mine I passed my field sobriety test; the person I had to report to for probation showed me the carbon copy check list. Still got to spend the night in the county hotel.

Mine wasn't BS though, I was way over the legal limit and deserved every bit of my punishment. Now if I'm drinking outside of my home, it's DD or I'll chill here.

Top Bottom