• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cesna250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Warsaw
    I was expecting some packages yesterday and today and nothing. When i went out to check the mail, the mailbox door was left open with just adds in it. I know they were delivered because the tracking code online says so. I filed a complaint on the USPS site. Anything else i can do besides waiting outside for the mail lady???

Ronald

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    6.jpg

Or setup a trail camera and try to catch them.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    The wildlife cameras (trail) are awesome...and will even catch night pics, just need somewhere to put it hidden away.

Stick a mock box in your mailbox and leave it sticking out.....lure them in then......you know :)

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    have the PO leave all packages to be picked up there.

we've done that for years, mail box is at the fence but packages don't fit in it so leave me a pick up slip, do not come in my yard and spray my Bassets

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    The postal inspector will take it very seriously and launch an investigation. I reported the same thing. I kept getting boxes, with nothing inside that were unsealed. You might want to call them as well. Out here it isn't a problem, PO doesn't deliver mail to the houses out in the county, so we have to use a PO BOX.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    This very thing happened to my neighbor while we were on vacation.
    When we got home there was a message on our phone from the neighbor that we needed to check our mail, his was disappearing.
    Our mailbox was packed with a whole weeks vacation and his mail was piled in our garage.
    It seems the guy we asked to pick up our mail got the neighbors instead.
    .. . . . . . . . . . :lol2:

BTW you can stop delivery and pick up your mail at the post office for a while.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    6.jpg

Or setup a trail camera and try to catch them.

All the boxes on our street we're pilferred one day. Reported to local PD and postmaster. With no resolution
    We replaced our box with a locking one like this. Mailman leaves packages near house. Haven't had trouble wince.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    I have a problem with getting mail from all around my neighborhood. Your mailman may be as incompetent as mine and delivering your mail to wherever. I file complaints everytime but it keeps hapening month after month, year after year. Might be worth investing in a camera setup to see what is going on.

Chuck

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I second what chuck said, we even have the problem with our PO Box. We get everyone's mail... come Christmas time, oh boy I get at least half a dozen Christmas cards from other boxes in our box. What I hate the most is getting the prior resident of this houses mail. When mail only has a physical address and no listed box number, the postal guy has to look on his paper sheet for the correct box to put it in. Our box is registered to this address. BUT the old guy that use to live here has his own box, and the post office guy wrote a note right on the sheet that "XXX" * last name of old resident * no longer lives here, and to put all mail in his correct box. He hardly ever does it though...... it gets old. We live in a tiny town, it isn't like he has thousands of boxes to watch over. The sheet is not very long.

gdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Crown Point
    My daughter sent us the Indiana title and the proof of purchase for a trailer we purchased.
    She lives in Pennsylvania and was having trouble getting the trailer title over there, since we bought it here in Indiana, so we where going to just title here.
    She mailed it last Friday and what we received today was an empty envelope. Went to the local post office and they sent me to the local postal mail distribution center. I complained about the empty envelope and they replied that since it was only mailed first class they could not do any thing about it.
    The thing that really pissed me of is that the person I was talking with made it sound like I was trying to pull a scam.
    Very disappointed with the USPS.
    Now I have to go through all the trouble of getting the trailer titled with out a title and the proof of purchase. This should be fun.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    My daughter sent us the Indiana title and the proof of purchase for a trailer we purchased.
    She lives in Pennsylvania and was having trouble getting the trailer title over there, since we bought it here in Indiana, so we where going to just title here.
    She mailed it last Friday and what we received today was an empty envelope. Went to the local post office and they sent me to the local postal mail distribution center. I complained about the empty envelope and they replied that since it was only mailed first class they could not do any thing about it.
    The thing that really pissed me of is that the person I was talking with made it sound like I was trying to pull a scam.
    Very disappointed with the USPS.
    Now I have to go through all the trouble of getting the trailer titled with out a title and the proof of purchase. This should be fun.

And they wonder why they are going broke. :dunno:

Top Bottom