• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My wife and I had been doing some running around this morning and in the rush to get out the door, I had forgot my undershirt. I always wear one so my hybrid IWB holster dosn't bother my skin. We were getting ready to check out at K Mart on Grape rd when I had to use the restroom. While in the potty, I tucked my shirt in and decided to OC.

We walked out of the store and I noticed a MPD unmarked coming down the isle. I was putting my boy in the van when I heard "Excuse me sir, can I talk with you a minute? "

It was the officer. I said sure. He said he noticed I was open carrying and just wondered what my thoughts were on doing it. I told him I mostly CC but had an issue with my wardrobe today. I also said that I will OC on occasion depending where I am going that day.

He asked the usual OC vs. CC questions. "Do you ever feel like you will be the first one shot? Why would you want to give up the element of surprise?" I responded with the usual answers.

I also mentioned that I have introduced several people to firearms because they have askde me about what I was carrying. He seemed curious as to why I would OC.....or maybe he was responding to a MWAG call. I don't know but he was polite the entire time.

He thanked me for point of view. I asked if he had heard of INgunowners.com. He hadn't. I told him a little about the site and welcomed him to check it out and maybe join.

Good experience for my first OC LEO encounter.

Last edited:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I don't believe you.

All LEO's are terrible evil people that want nothing more than you cause you misery. At least that's what the internet tells me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I wonder if it was the same LEO that told the Manager at the Grape Rd OfficeMax that it was illegal to copy LTCH.

Glad it went good for you BT. That is the reason why I CC most of the time. I'm usually in a hurry all the time it seems and just don't want to deal with the questions.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I live in South Bend. I know a several Mish, SB and County LEO's and all but one are extremely Pro 2a.

I did have a funny situation at a gas station once. I was in line with a cop and a few other people. A paranoid lady asked the cop if he was going to ask me why I was carrying a gun. I CC 99.9% of the time but like you I had wardrobe issues. Namely I was covered in sweat and it was imprinting something terrible. The cop said nope! She was pissed. After her rant he said It's perfectly legal and if I was openly carrying I probably knew that. It was funny. Sad but funny.

Top Bottom