• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigchis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    I thought I the disease concured when I purchased my 91/30 and my m44 but I was wrong. I had someone offer me a m38 in decent condition and 840 rounds of ammo for $300.00 today. I tried to fight it but in the end I wasn't strong enough to withstand the addiction. Now I have to tell my wife and face the wrath.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    snerk face the music. Put on your big boy pants and stand up and say, "Women! I do what I please!"
    Be prepared to duck at this point.

bigchis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    snerk face the music. Put on your big boy pants and stand up and say, "Women! I do what I please!"
    Be prepared to duck at this point.
    Hahaha, I know better than that. I knew I never should have taught her how to shoot. Luckily I was smart enough not to show her how to load the guns:lol2:

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    I said that to my wife one time and didn't see her for 3 or 4 days...Then the swelling in my left eye went down...........;)...:@ya:.......Duce<><

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yep, just when you think Mosinitis is cured, it rears its ugly head. :D One thing I've learned is that its always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :D Besides, you can always tell her its an investment and can sell it in a few years for a lot more than what you've got in it.:D It works for me every time I drag home another. Well, there was that one time with the skillet, and another with the rolling pin, oh, and that other time with...:D

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Sounds like a great deal...the ammo alone is worth about $160.00.
    Some people love Mosins and others buy them and can't wait to get rid of them.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Apply SnoopLoggyDog's rule of firearms acquisition. Buy it and get it home before the wife finds out. Once it makes it into the gun safe, then the proper answer is, "but honey, I've always had that gun". Just don't let the kids rat you out...

bigchis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    "but honey, I've always had that gun".

It works very well considering I now have 3 mosins. She usually doesn't pick up on a new gun unless they look different from the ones I already own. Which is another reason I need alot more guns so she can't find my new ones!!!!!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Regretfully, I dont suffer your torment.

My wife always tells me "buy it if you want it."

Yep...my wife tells me the same thing. I do wish she would take a little more interest in shooting though. I bought her a pink Walther for her birthday 1 1/2 years ago and she has yet to shoot it.

bigchis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    My wife says the same thing, then she adds "if you have the money for it". DANG, that gets me every time!

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have the Mosinitis too. I already own a 91/30 and I'm wanting to get a M44 as my next Mosin. I even passed the Mosinitis to the wife, she wants to get her own 91/30 now.

rhino1303

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    I have 3 Mosin Nagants. I have a 91/30 round reciever stamped "MO" It's the Russian Marking for Ministry Of Defense. I have 1925 Hex reciever 91/30 in amazing condition, laminate stock. I recently picked up a Romanian M44 for $100. Fun guns to shoot, but some of the surplus steel case stuff tends to stick.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom