• ...and so much more!
  • koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    I finally did it! I bought my first handgun Thursday. :D

I took a very out of the way side trip on my way back from Fort Wayne and found myself at Tomlinson's in Churubusco. Found myself looking at a slightly used Buck Mark that I just happened to have enough spare change for. I just couldn't resist... now it has a new home. :D

browning_buckmark_001.jpg

Of course... there just has to be a downside... I can't go shoot it because I don't have my LTCH yet! :facepalm:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    You couldnt have gone wrong if you had tried. My P22 has saved me mad$$$ in ammo and its just plain fun to shoot. Good score!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've been wanting a buckmark for some time now, One of these days (soon) i'll have one.

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    Oh... I wish it was on it's way... Unfortunately, I'm apparently far too honest for my own good. I just had to go and check 'yes' on the one question that asks "Have you ever been treated for psychiatric health care or an emotional or mental illness?"... now they have me jumping through hoops like some sort of trained animal just to get my application past the CLEO :(

It figures... I can buy a handgun, I can get my C&R FFL (only took them 2 1/2 weeks to approve it)... but the LTCH = nightmare :dunno:

And all I want to do is go shoot my buckmark!

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Basically, you don't need any permit or license to buy or own a handgun in Indiana, so long as it doesn't leave your home or place of business. However, to remove or transport it from either of those requires a license.

There are two classes of handgun permit: Hunting and Target and Personal Protection. Carrying or transporting a hangun in any manner outside of one's place of residence or business without one or the other of those is illegal. IIRC, it's a misdemeanor, but about the least of the possible consequences is that your handgun is siezed and confiscated. There can be fines and/or jail time if your local DA chooses to pursue the charge.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Basically, you don't need any permit or license to buy or own a handgun in Indiana, so long as it doesn't leave your home or place of business. However, to remove or transport it from either of those requires a license.

There are two classes of handgun permit: Hunting and Target and Personal Protection. Carrying or transporting a hangun in any manner outside of one's place of residence or business without one or the other of those is illegal. IIRC, it's a misdemeanor, but about the least of the possible consequences is that your handgun is siezed and confiscated. There can be fines and/or jail time if your local DA chooses to pursue the charge.

can you clarify this, it sounds like if you transport a handgun in indiana at all then you are commitiing a crime, so taking it home form the store or to the range is a crime without a premit?

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    can you clarify this, it sounds like if you transport a handgun in indiana at all then you are commitiing a crime, so taking it home form the store or to the range is a crime without a premit?

There are a few exceptions to the LTCH requirement, unfortunately none of them include taking it to the range.

This pretty much covers the exceptions... there are more but they mostly apply to law enforcement/military. See the link I posted above, it answers pretty much anything you need to know about the LTCH.
    (11) any person while carrying a handgun unloaded and in a secure wrapper from the place of purchase to his dwelling or fixed place of business, or to a place of repair or back to his dwelling or fixed place of business, or in moving from one dwelling or business to another.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Thanks, koveras225. I was about to post a link to IC 35-47-2-2 (11).

Jeremiah, Google is our friend. With just a little effort one can find out pretty much anything they'd like to know more about.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Not to go off post. They should have a target permit only. That way you can go to the range, as long as your ammo and guns are seperated and locked. Some people never have any attentions to carry. That's the lovely law makers for you though.

koveras225

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Noble County
    Not to go off post. They should have a target permit only. That way you can go to the range, as long as your ammo and guns are seperated and locked. Some people never have any attentions to carry. That's the lovely law makers for you though.
    They do, it's called a 'qualified license.' There's no point really though, it isn't any easier to obtain than an unlimited license, it's just more limited and *slightly* less expensive...

Thanks for all the comments BTW, I'm really itching to get out and have some fun with this :D

Top Bottom