• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    There are so many add ons for the AR platform that it will be hard to make a suggestion unless you give a bit more detail on what the rifle came with a nd what you plan on doing with it. Is it a short range home defense gun, long range varmint, range plinker? Each one has certain things that help it do that job. I have mine set up primarily for home defense, so I have magpul flip up sights, a full float rail, magpul ms2 sling. I have a green laser to shoot out to 100 yards accuratly without needing a scope. I wanted to keep it fairly simple for its intended purpose. Maybe if you posted a pic and some ideas of what you might want to change or use it for, you would get plenty of suggestions. Good luck and enjoy.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    AMMO. If you dont know how to shoot it, its a worthless POS. Save yourself a headache later and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I came to the AR15 party late in the game, but here's what I did with mine. Since shooting is my second hobby, I have to be budget minded. Mine is an Olympic arms with a collapsible stock and 16" barrel. Since I intend it to be primarily a plinker I had to be reasonable and customize on the cheap. I put a Tapco quad rail on it, a Tapco rubber butt pad, hogue grip UTG flip up rear sight, and a cheap scope with riser. I took it to the range today for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. My friend also went and took his Rock River. After shooting both rifles the only thing I GOTTA get is a two stage trigger. I also liked his eotech optic, but it's a cost that's out of my budget....at least untill after racing season. We had both been up several hours and left pretty much from work so being tired coupled with the strong wind the conditions were less than stellar. But we were able to get 5 shot groups inside an inch. One thing I have learned these things can get very costly if you let it or you can build on the cheap and shoot just as well as the more expensive carbines. I'm ready to go again as soon as weather and schedule allow.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    have you given any thought to a bill springfield trigger job instead of a 2 stage trigger? To me a 4 lb crisp trigger for 39 bucks is better than spending over 100 dollars on a two stage...my :twocents:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No, I haven't given it any thought. Like I said I just made the connection today. What would it entail? Where is he located? I am open to suggestions myself which is part of my interest in this thread. Otherwise I am very happy with what I have put together and am still on the lower end of the cost spectrum.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    KAC RAS on ARF.com EE NIB: $160
    BUIS: $60
    Used EoTech 512 on ARF.com EE: ~$300
    ------------------------------------------------
    one bad mother

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    every badass AR15 must have an ACOG!

IMG_0366.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    i got a new ar15 what is some cool stuff i should get for it that isnt to pricey but will make my ar a bad mother f***er :ar15:

Its simple, get a pink stock for your gun. Now when you go to court after shooting Bubba in the azz with a pink rifle the jury will chuckle, the judge with laugh and Bubba's new cell mate will have himself a party on old Bubba's butt when word gets out that this big tough criminal was shot with a little pink gun.

1-18.jpg

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Find someone to teach you how to shoot (not making a negative statement), buy good mags (I like Magpul), Get an optic that will fit your shooting needs ( I have a red dot), get iron sights that are solid. Lights and bipods, cool butt stocks and grips will not help you if you do not know what you "need" or like.

Top Bottom