• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Growing up, I often had lemonade, usually one of the frozen varieties, but occasionally we made the premium stuff, i.e. fresh squeezed, for a real treat.
    That's one great drink, especially after a hot day mowing the yard or baling hay.
    Well, it's strange how I had to wait until I was 49 to discover a new variation that's even better, as if that were possible: Limeade
    Limes vary in size quite a bit, and it takes around eight or more of the small ones that are the only sort available this late in the season, but he big ones Kroger was selling only weeks ago required only four to make the one to one and a half cup required per half gallon. with some of the limes I bought as big as regular size lemons.
    The magic formula is one cup lime juice and one cup sugar stirred thoroughly into the raw juice before the water is added and everything mixed again to make a half gallon of limeade.
    The nice thing about making it over lemonade is that there's no need to fish out seeds from the juice, and I prefer to make it unfiltered and with full pulp, so that's a real plus.
    BTW...the pulp makes it that much better.
    Check it out.

The raw materials:
    0506171453_zpskcp644ev.jpg

Partially processed:
    0506171454_zpsjnlti0gz.jpg

The unrefined product in pure form:
    0506171511_zpstnd5i1lw.jpg

0506171511a_zps8njtzs9c.jpg

The finished product in the pitcher:
    0506171517_zps5ixcgqlg.jpg

Ready to drink....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
    0506171519_zpsj4fc4izf.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The key to lime juice is to remember that the magic flavor lasts only a short while. Either as limeade or margaritas, consume in a few hours.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Ribbit, ribbit.....
    Bullfrogs. 1 ½ oz vodka, ¼ oz triple sec, 6 oz lemonade or limeade. I think we made 'em a little stronger back in my day. I seem to remember 1 can of limeade, one can of lemonade, quite a bit of vodka and some amount of water if available.

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I did make a Tom Collins with pure lemon juice in place of standard prepared Collins mix with the required amount of sugar, i.e. 1/1 ratio juice to sugar, and it was quite nice.
    Just add vodka, club soda, and ice.
    I'm sure switching the lemon juice for lime juice would be as good or better.

Top Bottom