• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    My mag & release should be here today, just waiting for the postman. Also have a few more factory mags on the way as well. Still haven't got a chance to shoot it yet. Trying to get most of the stuff I normally get with a new handgun before I go to the range. It really didn't matter when I was still at the farm, it does now though.

WitchKing575

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Evansville
    After buying a G48, i realized that my g43 carried with a TT+2 wasn't needed since i got 15 rounds with the 48 for the same length of a 43 with a +2 for total of 8. Which ultimately led to me deciding to sell and then replace my 43 for a 43x or 48.

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    Those are solid. I wish the s15 mags would have been around when I purchased my p365xl. I like it a lot, but like you said I’ve mostly shot glocks.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    Love my 48 in a Milt Sparks VersaMax 2...the extra barrel length doesn't print any more that the 43x IMO, but I appreciate the extra sight radius. I am still waiting on the s15 mags to arrive!

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Made it out to VRA today for some range time with the 43X. Put 200 rounds through it without a bobble. It shoots very well. I did put a couple mags of carry ammo through it as well. The bulk of it was Fiocchi 115, shot to POA. The carry ammo was 124+P Gold Dots, POA as well, and 147 HST, it shot a little left but was still good. The gun is light enough that I could feel a difference between the standard and +P ammo, normally I can't tell at all. Nothing harsh, but noticeable. I was very sure that this would become my new EDC, until something else happened on the way home.

I decided to go through Rural King on the way home and see if they had any 9mm ammo to replenish what I just shot, nope. While there I glanced into the gun counter...mistake. They had a single Glock 48 left in stock. I wanted the 48 before but they didn't have one, that's how I got the 43X. I didn't have a choice, I had to buy it. Now I have to get more ammo and go back to VRA to do a comparison before I decide which will become the new EDC. They had one at the rental counter, and I thought about trying it out today, but I wanted to focus on the 43X. I told the counter guy that I would rent it next time, oh well.

I guess the positive of the story is I just saved myself $10 in a future rental fee. :yesway:

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    It's a Streamlight TLR 6. This is a decent video review. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JR-R_Awf4s

Got a 43x last week at a Rural King of all places ... (had to drive 2hrs to Avon) ...

Ordered the Extended hardware kit from Magills (delayed shipping) ...

Also ordered the Ghost Inc - Connector (delayed shipping)

Also ordered a TLR-6's (Backorder & delayed shipping)

Will do the .25 cent Trigger job and polish the feed ramp when installing everything ...

Debating on the $90 Tungsten Guide rod - prob go with one of the $40 Stainless Steel ones

Hard part now is finding Silvertip ammo (in case I run into a Vampire) ... :)

Top Bottom