• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It's an Al Mar. Not exactly sure what model it is... Brad of Bradsknives thinks that it may be a Falcon model based on the blade length and OAL. It's an older one made in Seki, Japan.

Not good pics because I was in a hurry. Brass liners and possibly teak scales. Maybe cocobolo or koa, too. Not entirely sure.

But - the "style" has been modified and older knives don't look like the newer ones.

Pics:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    From my other thread:

Yeah, being able to narrow down the search with a model name has helped!

I didn't see any all-wood, but the micarta models labeled as "falcon" did look exactly alike.

One image did come up in a BladeForum post calling it a "pre ultralight".

Found this link through an image search: Speaking of Al Mar, a question However, i can only see the photo via the image search on Google, not within the actual post itself.

Is it just me, or is the one he's calling a pre ultralight a dead-ringer for the knife I have? His blade length measurement is almost 3", however. Mine's definitely closer to 2.75" than it is 2.9". But, admittedly, that's not a lot of wiggle room and I didn't make sure that MY measurement picture had things lined up exactingly.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I think that with this knife... Plus the all around affordability of the other ones - I may very well have found a "niche" that I'd consider staying in!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That's a beauty that will serve you well, sir!

I hope so!

I've already had to change how I load my pockets up. Nothing's going in the pocket along with this knife. I don't want to Mar (heh) up the scales with my nail clippers, change, and/or keys.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Very nice, very classy, and even just that cocobolo be careful not to mar it up too bad! Congrats on the knife, I had some knife envy from that other gentleman's knife thread!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I hope so!

I've already had to change how I load my pockets up. Nothing's going in the pocket along with this knife. I don't want to Mar (heh) up the scales with my nail clippers, change, and/or keys.

I recommend a soft pocket pouch. I used to carry my AG Russell one-hand knife (the original!) in a little suede pouch. It kept crud out of the pivot and the insides of the knife. In your case, you'd want it also to protect the wood when it bounces around in your pocket.

Top Bottom