• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So I picked up my new Glock 26 today, Inspected it at the store, everything looks great. I get home, grab about 150 rounds, and head on out to the range. I load up my first mag, all good. Pick up my second mag, wtf? It's marked 40. Pick up the 3 mag, it's marked 40 also. I go ahead and load both those mags with 9mm also and figure what the hell, lets see what happens. I only had one failure to feed with no other issues.

My question for INGO is, has anyone else had this mix up with their mags or tried firing 9mm out of a 40 Cal mag and had any issues?

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Close

All the mags that came in the case with my new Glocks have been the correct ones. However I did order some new mags for the G27 (9 round in .40) from Glock Inc. in Smyrna,GA. and received 15 round 9mm mags instead. But what the heck, at least they were for a Glock right? :rolleyes:

PS: Was the sealing tape on the box already cut or did they break the seal at the time you took delivery? If the box had already been opened they could have been switched at the store.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    There was a very similar thread just the other day. I think the author traded the mags to a dealer with no problem.

panderson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    There was a very similar thread just the other day. I think the author traded the mags to a dealer with no problem.

That is correct. He took them back to the store and traded them w/o showing a receipt even. Seems to be a problem with the Glocks, maybe you should have went with an XD :laugh:.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    All the mags that came in the case with my new Glocks have been the correct ones. However I did order some new mags for the G27 (9 round in .40) from Glock Inc. in Smyrna,GA. and received 15 round 9mm mags instead. But what the heck, at least they were for a Glock right? :rolleyes:

PS: Was the sealing tape on the box already cut or did they break the seal at the time you took delivery? If the box had already been opened they could have been switched at the store.

There wasn't any tape on the box. Actually there wasn't any type of seal on any of the boxes. They just grabbed the first box under the display model there at the store. I opened it inspected the gun, everything else was in the box that was supposed to be there. Guess I should of looked at the mags a little closer.

Going back and asking to trade them out was my first thought but Jenkins was already closed after I noticed the problem. I may go back in and talk to them on Monday or just contact Glock directly.

Blue Eagle posted the same thing about three days ago. He got his from Orion in Jeffersonville. Where did you get yours from? Here's a link to the post. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ed_mixed-caliber_glock_mags_with_new_gun.html

Suppose to be getting a G26 Gen 4 soon, will definately be checking the magazines before I leave the store.

Steven R. Jenkins. They've always been good to me there so I don't think I will have any trouble if I go back in and talk to them.

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    They got some G26 gen4's in now? Good, I called about 1 1/2 weeks ago and they didn't. I'll have to stop by there myself this week when I'm at Indy. I think I will check my box before I leave the store though.;)

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    They got some G26 gen4's in now? Good, I called about 1 1/2 weeks ago and they didn't. I'll have to stop by there myself this week when I'm at Indy. I think I will check my box before I leave the store though.;)

Yes, they had several actually. G-26 Gen 4 with Trijicon sites, 3 mags, 3 Pearce extensions, and tax = $540

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, I went back to the store and told them what happened, and he swapped them out no questions asked, no receipt shown. I also got 1 9mm mag and 2 .40 mags.

Also talked to the owner of Hi Tek, in Sellersburg, (different store from where I bought the gun,) and he said that it has happened to them, too.

I'd say that Glock has a new guy on the line putting the magazines in the boxes somewhere, who needs a little more work on his reading skills...

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Jenkins is first class! They will make it right.

That they did. Turns out a few other people had the same problem also. I talked to one guy today who picked up a G-22 Gen 4 (Not at Jenkins) and it had two 357 mags with it. Kinda makes you wonder whats going on at Glock.

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Yes, they had several actually. G-26 Gen 4 with Trijicon sites, 3 mags, 3 Pearce extensions, and tax = $540

You said you got the Pearce extensions. Have you put them on yet? I was trying to put the one I got on tonight, but can't get the original base off the mag. Is there a trick to it that I'm just not getting? I've had to put it down, maybe tomorrow it will just pop off after someone gives me the secret. :D

By the way; Jenkin's was out the pearce extensions today:rolleyes::rolleyes: Wonder who bought up all their stock? :):

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You said you got the Pearce extensions. Have you put them on yet? I was trying to put the one I got on tonight, but can't get the original base off the mag. Is there a trick to it that I'm just not getting? I've had to put it down, maybe tomorrow it will just pop off after someone gives me the secret. :D

By the way; Jenkin's was out the pearce extensions today:rolleyes::rolleyes: Wonder who bought up all their stock? :):

There's no trick to getting them off, they come off just like they do on most mags. Mine were a real pain to get off also. Jenkins was already out of the +2 extensions when I purchased my G-26 so I had to settle for the standard extension. Their stock of G-26's and 27's were pretty much wiped out by the time I got back in there on Monday also. They only had one G-26 left.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So how does this happen I wonder.

The shop gets the gun, puts the box and mags away, sells the gun, gets the box, and somehow has another guns mags in it?

Odd.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    First, congratulations on your new Gen4 26! :rockwoot:

Second, interesting Glock snafu ...I guess Glock has a different understanding of the word "perfection" than most of us do (fwiw, I still drink their kool-aide ...it's perfect! :D).

Third, don't tell anyone, but I've tried to load .40 cal into a G30 mag (.45ACP) ...sometimes I do things without reading too ...or noticing that I'm actually holding a larger magazine! :dunno: :D

Have fun with your new Glock!

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So how does this happen I wonder.

The shop gets the gun, puts the box and mags away, sells the gun, gets the box, and somehow has another guns mags in it?

Odd.

The actual G-26 I left with wasn't the display model. It was already boxed up and ready to go under the display model. I'm guessing the problem is a "New Hire" at Glock since this has happened at a couple of different places and they just flat out sent Vince49 the wrong mags also.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Rayne, I just went through this last week with my own magazines. Here is what I figured out.

That little button that you are pushing on the bottom of the magazine is not a rod, or a flimsy plastic stick. It is a nub that sits on a plastic plate that is as wide as the base of the magazine. The nub is only as tall as the bottom of the mag is thick; so you don't have to worry about snapping it off or anything.

So, that plastic plate is sitting at the bottom of the mag. What I had to do, was push that nub down hard enough that the plate slipped down BESIDE the magazine spring, from its position against the base of the mag. (This is a 90 degree orientation change, pushing against the magazine spring. Use some muscle.) It was very scary; I thought I had broken it.

I then took the same instrument I had pushed that down with, (a blunted 3.5 inch nail,) and use it to apply pressure on the side of the hole in the base of the mag to slide the magazine base plate off. Some people advocated putting pressure on the sides of the mag, but I did not have to do this. And its worth nothing that these were the G26 mags, the smallest of the bunch, and so don't have a lot of length to let them flex.

Just pulling on that nail while pushing on the magazine with my other hand was enough to let me slide the baseplate off. It did take some force, (and there was a definite pop as the plate came off.)

For re-assembly, I placed the little plastic insert that came with the Pearce grip on top of the magazine spring, (it cups the end of the spring,) and then used it to push the spring down while I slip the Pearce extension onto the end. Everything popped right into place without any banging or hammering.

I do notice that I can only get 1 extra round in it right now, but I have heard that that is a common problem, and I really only got it for the extra grip anyway.

Let me know if you need any more help with it.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Glock mag base plate removal

FWIW, there are a few quite insightful and helpful videos on you tube about changing base plates. There are also a few (and at least one very bad :rolleyes:) videos that are not so helpful. It does get easier once you get a few successful base plate removals under your belt.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I tried the videos, and the tutorials, but I had a devil of a time with it until I realized that I had to push that nub down until it flipped down beside the magazine spring. Just holding nub down while pulling on the magazine was NOT enough for me.

Top Bottom