• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    I have been searching for a compact 9mm/40 for quite a while now and finally went out shopping with a fellow INGOer. We hit Plainfield, Elmore's, Bradis, Beech Grove.....I fingered an XD9, Walther PPQ, M&P, PX4, Sig 2022, etc. Finally at Elmore's they had a Gen 4 Glock 23...I WAS on a mission to find anything but a Glock (I had held a .45 Glock and hated the grip). I finally put the 23 in my hand..perfect fit.

I had called Bite the Bullet in Seymour the night before they had a Gen4 Glock 19 in stock....I called to see if they still did. They had it, drove down and 20 minutes after walking in, I walked back out with this baby.

0eOhGg4.jpg

OgbaB81.jpg

They also sold me their last box of Winchester White Box. I shot up all 50 and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Now I just need to find some more 9mm ammo for a decent price so I can play some more.

This was my first REAL gun purchase, all my other guns were inherited or gifts from my dad/grandpa. It feels good to finally get out there and do it myself.

From reading around I feel like I just the unicorn of guns.

+1 to BTB for making the transaction very nice.

Any recommendations on holsters or anything else that you have enjoyed accessorizing a gun with?

Last edited:

wpmason

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    I might be in the minority here, but I tend to cringe when people refer to guns as toys, especially in this political climate. It just depicts you, hopefully wrongfully, as being immature and irresponsible. Statements like this can be used by the grabbers against all lawful gun owners.

The simple fact is that guns are not toys, should not regarded as toys, and the second you don't respect a gun something bad is liable to happen.

Great find and everything, but could you reconsider your wording going forward?

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    The only thing I would change are the sights. I prefer novak style rear sights. As far as holsters I like my galco king tuk. You will like your g19. It has quickly became my go to gun

BTBguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jackson County
    Congratulations on the new ………………… personal defense weapon! Is it ok to say congratulations? That might be interpreted as showing to much excitement over a firearm.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    I think you made a perfect choice for your first handgun purchase.Can't go wrong with a Glock. If your looking for cost effective holster, I would check out the Don Hume Series of holster.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I WAS on a mission to find anything but a Glock (I had held a .45 Glock and hated the grip). I finally put the 23 in my hand..perfect fit.

There is, in my opinion at least, nothing inherently with any Glock. But the Glock 21 has a HUGE grip, too big for most people. Of course that's due to the 13 rd. double-stack magazine. I have long fingers and it suits me fine. In fact it's my favorite .45 so far. It fits my hand well and the large size/mass of the gun coupled with the "soft" recoil of the .45 round means I end up shooting it right on the target.

But hey, it sounds like you found a Glock that likes you back. I am sure you'll be happy with it.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I might be in the minority here, but I tend to cringe when people refer to guns as toys, especially in this political climate. It just depicts you, hopefully wrongfully, as being immature and irresponsible. Statements like this can be used by the grabbers against all lawful gun owners.

The simple fact is that guns are not toys, should not regarded as toys, and the second you don't respect a gun something bad is liable to happen.

I understand your point, but the anti's are going to be anti no matter what. They START with the belief that firearms are EVIL in and of themselves and have NO FUNCTION in CIVILIAN hands in our society.

Of course these are the SAME people who will argue with you all night that there is not even such a thing as good vs. evil, it's all "relative". They are fond of saying, "well, that may be true for you, but it's not my truth."

That silly saying, which really means, "I CHOOSE what is defined as right and wrong and YOU have no say in that."

But we ALL KNOW, that guns are evil, so you're just a gun-crazed fool if you think otherwise.

But if there actually _is_ evil, guns are in that category, or so the anti's would say.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I understand your point, but the anti's are going to be anti no matter what. They START with the belief that firearms are EVIL in and of themselves and have NO FUNCTION in CIVILIAN hands in our society.

Of course these are the SAME people who will argue with you all night that there is not even such a thing as good vs. evil, it's all "relative". They are fond of saying, "well, that may be true for you, but it's not my truth."

That silly saying, which really means, "I CHOOSE what is defined as right and wrong and YOU have no say in that."

But we ALL KNOW, that guns are evil, so you're just a gun-crazed fool if you think otherwise.

But if there actually _is_ evil, guns are in that category, or so the anti's would say.

Agree. Political correctness is a slippery slope. It gives power to those who tell you what words mean and how to use/not use them.

There is a first amendment. If you don't like "toy", you probably don't like the 50 other euphemisms for firearms. If you're just worried about what others think, you've lost already.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    I have been searching for a compact 9mm/40 for quite a while now and finally went out shopping with a fellow INGOer. We hit Plainfield, Elmore's, Bradis, Beech Grove.....I fingered an XD9, Walther PPQ, M&P, PX4, Sig 2022, etc. Finally at Elmore's they had a Gen 4 Glock 23...I WAS on a mission to find anything but a Glock (I had held a .45 Glock and hated the grip). I finally put the 23 in my hand..perfect fit.

I had called Bite the Bullet in Seymour the night before they had a Gen4 Glock 19 in stock....I called to see if they still did. They had it, drove down and 20 minutes after walking in, I walked back out with this baby.

They also sold me their last box of Winchester White Box. I shot up all 50 and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Now I just need to find some more 9mm ammo for a decent price so I can play some more.

This was my first REAL gun purchase, all my other guns were inherited or gifts from my dad/grandpa. It feels good to finally get out there and do it myself.

From reading around I feel like I just the unicorn of guns.

+1 to BTB for making the transaction very nice.

Any recommendations on holsters or anything else that you have enjoyed accessorizing a gun with?

I think we should have went to BTB first, but I'm glad I was able to pick up my Eotech G33.STS at Elmores. I don't see how Plainfield Shooting Supplies or Bradis (who have little to no inventory) can be in the running for INGO shop of the year when places like Bite the Bullet and Elmores have pistols, AR15s, ammo, and accessories in stock with plenty for everyone.

You'll have to let me know when you head out to shoot next time, maybe I'll tag along.

rlmx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Congrats on the find. I recently purchased the same weapon. I hope that you post about your experience with the G19 after you send a few more rounds down range. Enjoy!

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    I think we should have went to BTB first, but I'm glad I was able to pick up my Eotech G33.STS at Elmores. I don't see how Plainfield Shooting Supplies or Bradis (who have little to no inventory) can be in the running for INGO shop of the year when places like Bite the Bullet and Elmores have pistols, AR15s, ammo, and accessories in stock with plenty for everyone.

You'll have to let me know when you head out to shoot next time, maybe I'll tag along.

Agree, whenever I find some more to shoot I'll arrange another group shoot out at our farm.

The only thing I would change are the sights. I prefer novak style rear sights. As far as holsters I like my galco king tuk. You will like your g19. It has quickly became my go to gun

The sights might be the only thing I'm not a huge fan of, but it still shot just fine. And maybe that its so easy to just blow through ammo with this thing.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

Why? People refer to their car as their new "toy"... I don't see anyone throwing a fit over it.

Its not us who are insensitive.... it is society that is overly sensitive. I'm not twelve years old anymore... but firearms are one of my hobbies and most in my collection are more "toy-like" than "tool-like"....

apilcher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    Wonderful choice!

I own plenty of guns. Some come some go....Glocks generally stay around. The Glock 19 is my best all round gun in my collection.

Top Bottom