• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I thought I'd head over to Bullseye on a whim Saturday and take a look at what they had for sale, as well as see what I could get on a trade in (Taurus 24/7 in .45.)
    Well, a huge :yesway: and major kudos to Bullseye!! They offered me what I thought was a great trade in for the Taurus, more than what I expected, so I started looking for another .45. If it wasn't for the trade in I wasn't going to be buying that day. They didn't have to many .45s in stock, but they did have a M&P that caught my eye. Dark Earth brown polymer frame, thumb safety, and Trijicon night sights installed. I should have stayed for some range time, but I had to get home...fit and finish is spot on, and the interchangeable backstraps allowed me to really fit the pistol to my hand. I preferred the handling and feel of the M&P over the Glocks they had in stock and I think the other guy looking at handguns bought the only XD they had in .45.
    Smith had started a promotion the day before for 2 free mags, so that's a nice plus too. I added a note to the paperwork asking if I could get those mags with the dark earth baseplate, so we'll see. Not that I really care about the color; I'm just looking forward to two free mags. :D

Here she is:
    DSC01747.jpg

DSC01748.jpg

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    She's a beauty.

I have the M&P .40C and love it. Shoots great. I will eventually get a full size M&P.

I really like the dark earth color. I think that is only available on the .45.

What do you think about the thumb safety?

Congratulations.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    She's a beauty.

I have the M&P .40C and love it. Shoots great. I will eventually get a full size M&P.

I really like the dark earth color. I think that is only available on the .45.

What do you think about the thumb safety?

Congratulations.

I'm used to having a thumb safety and I like it. Easy to actuate and positive. I guess having it really isn't necessary on a DAO striker fired handgun...but to be honest having one did factor into my buying the pistol. Peace of mind and preference I guess.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If they could do something (i.e., cut it off) to that beaver tail (they trimmed it for the compact version) and the thick mag floor plate, it'd be "perfection". As is, it only adds to unnecessary length and height, and make the thing prints more for nothing... :)

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nothing beats the feel of the M&P for me. Sorry fellow Glock guys but the truth hurts. :D

I agree, they do feel good in the hand, if I could have gotten the two that I purchased to work I would have kept them.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Nothing beats the feel of the M&P for me. Sorry fellow Glock guys but the truth hurts. :D

The M&P pistols feel great in the hand! I've owned a .45 and a .40 and loved how they felt. Still, I got rid of them and stuck with the good old reliable Glock.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    M+P's are awsome! As for the dovetail and but plate, check out the M+P forums, both are easy to fix, so if those are your only two complaints they are easy fixes! I have been super happy with Bullseye, I dont like any dealers or salesmen, but these guys go above and beond to make me happy! I have a fullsize M+P .40 with night sights, it's my second M+P, if you ask me what my next gun will be it's M+P as well. I am thinking about ordering a M+P AR to go with my side arm...

msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I have two also

I love my M&P 9 in the 4.25 and 3.5 inch models. Both are accurate. I would love to own a M&P 15. Kind of out of my price range with me being a full time college student.... (Just one more year of being poor :rolleyes:)

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I've shot a MP 40 and was told you need to put aleast 700-1000 rds through it for the trigger to be broken in. True? Mps are nice and well built guns! Iwouldnt mind having a 45 or the 9 pro.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Congrats on your new purchase. Let me be the first to say, "Thank you for buying American". It's great to see U.S. made products being purchased during these times.:patriot:

Thanks again, from one US citizen to another.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm curious if the trigger pull improves as you break it in. I played with one last weekend, and the trigger was a mush factory.

Yes, the triggers on M&Ps smooth out very nicely. I had them brken in naturally and I've done the famous Burwell trigger jobs to them. Either way, the triggers are much better than the initial gun shop dry-fire would indicate.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm curious if the trigger pull improves as you break it in. I played with one last weekend, and the trigger was a mush factory.

I've shot a MP 40 and was told you need to put aleast 700-1000 rds through it for the trigger to be broken in. True? Mps are nice and well built guns! Iwouldnt mind having a 45 or the 9 pro.

I don't know about a 700-1000 round break in, the manual doesn't mention anything and the guys at Bullseye didn't say anything about a long break in. I'm assuming the usual 200 round break in period I guess.

The trigger on this M&P breaks nice and crisp. But, it does feel scratchy as I slowly take up the small amount of slack in the trigger. The rear edge of the plastic trigger feels like there's some flash on it? I don't know if that's the reason for that scratchy feel.

It's nothing near enough for me to want to send the pistol in though as it's only noticable when I really slowly take up the slack. I'll see how it feels after I go through a few hundred rounds.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes, the triggers on M&Ps smooth out very nicely. I had them brken in naturally and I've done the famous Burwell trigger jobs to them. Either way, the triggers are much better than the initial gun shop dry-fire would indicate.

I looked up the Burwell trigger job...to bad I don't have the confidence nor the tools or the experience to do all that!

I'll see how the natural break in goes. I really think this M&P is going to be a keeper so as we go down the road I'll re-evaluate getting trigger work done. Probably by someone who knows how though. :D

Top Bottom