• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I recently upgraded the furniture and optics on my old AR(post ban, bought 15 yrs ago) to MOE. The sling I had, didn't work with the new buttstock. I've been doing some searching on slings, but haven't made up my mind, since there are so many to choose from.

Didn't like the idea of my rifle looking naked without a sling, so I picked up this $5 sling at the 1500 to use, until I made a decision. However, it was a little short when attached to the front swivel mount. Then it hit me.....

DFF_0058w.jpg

Another benefit is that it allowed me to move the AFG farther out, for a better feel. :D

Next, I need to do something about that naked muzzle. ;)

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Way to solve that issue. What FH are you considering? I like the phantoms but they are pretty pricey compared to others out there.

I have rails on a few of the ARs so Im looking at getting MagPuls new rail sling swivels, I would like to see how the top rail mount works.

And may I suggest the ERT slings, most shops carry them including:

TacticalShotgunner.com they are a site supporter/ advertiser and have a shop on Shelby St. in Indy.

Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Looks cool, I want to go with the Magpul Ambidextrous Sling Attachment and a one point sling. I have a similar setup with the Spike's complete lower and DSC complete upper. Is your optic magnified or 1x?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I use ERT slings and love them, I get them from TSG too.

But, I was given a magpul sling at Xmas along with a MOE set of furniture and the MOE ambidextrous sling mount. It works very well for me.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Way to solve that issue. What FH are you considering? I like the phantoms but they are pretty pricey compared to others out there.

I have rails on a few of the ARs so Im looking at getting MagPuls new rail sling swivels, I would like to see how the top rail mount works.

And may I suggest the ERT slings, most shops carry them including:

TacticalShotgunner.com they are a site supporter/ advertiser and have a shop on Shelby St. in Indy.

I already have an A2 that I plan to use. I didn't want to spend very much on it, since it will cost $75 to have it installed. :D Thanks for the tip on the ERT sling.

Looks cool, I want to go with the Magpul Ambidextrous Sling Attachment and a one point sling. I have a similar setup with the Spike's complete lower and DSC complete upper. Is your optic magnified or 1x?

Thanks. The scope is a Primary Arms 1x4. Primary Arms 1-4X 24 Illuminated Scope

I use ERT slings and love them, I get them from TSG too.

But, I was given a magpul sling at Xmas along with a MOE set of furniture and the MOE ambidextrous sling mount. It works very well for me.

Thanks. Another plug for the ERT. I will have to look into them.

Btw, I sent that pic to Magpul. Told them that if they've never seen it done before, they could send me a Magpul Gift Card. :D

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The ERT slings do look nice! When you get the Magpul Ambi mount post a review please. I personally like the stock plastic handguards on the AR rifles. However I did put a rail on one for a light mount and to try a VFG. Glad you like your rifle!

Top Bottom