My new Mosin Sniper.....and my range day..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I had purchased this from a fellow member and she is a beauty! 1943 and at least 90+% condition. It has a custom bolt with an unbelievable tolerance between the custom scope mount, the chamber, and the Bolt. Smooth is the keyword here.

Well I added a BSA 3x9 scope that I used to have on my Rem597. I bore sighted it a couple of days ago so I thought I would be close.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A close up of the fantastic Bolt work!

@50 yards, 3 shots were all it took to get sighted in. The first shot was 6" high, and 5" right.

The next three shots could be covered by a half dollar, with 2 touching. Now this is great as I am not that great a shooter. The gun is MUCH better than I am.

AT 100 yards, I had to do some slight adjustments but all the shots were now on paper and usually 3/5 could be considered no more than 2" from each other. This gun is AWESOME!

Note there are a few .22's in this one (100yds)

So then I tried the sling, all of the above shot were from a cheap sled, and only 1/5 hit the paper (8" square). I was disappointed but I attribute it to my shaking and not the rifle.

I was also shooting my Remington 597 bull barrel with the new BSA 3x32 scope @50 yards. At first I thought something was wrong but then I figured out it was the cheap wally world federal that sucked in that gun. A buddy shot cheap Remington and it was half the spread. Once I noticed that I tried some American Eagle, CCI and Blazer. Those shot well, very well. Enough that .22 shooting @50 yards with a 32x scope is almost cheating:D

Here is the 597 @ 100yards with American Eagle .22 LR ammo. Its amazing how much it varies.

All and all it was a good day, and I got all my guns in the trunk before the rain hit!:ingo:

Last edited:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Actually, a two inch group at 100, with that type of rifle is pretty good. What type of ammo were you using? I like the Sellier & Bellot brass cased ammo myself.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Cool, pictures are always nice. I usually forget to take some honestly, bravo to those who remember! :rockwoot:

I have to borrow a camera, but maybe I will buy one....nope I would rather have another toy. Looking a new scope for my Model 39.....

So far I like BSA scopes for the $$$.

Top Bottom