• Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    44 Magnum

Besides buying a handgun in 44 magnum, I picked this up the other day at Gander Mountain. The sell new for about $450 and this was on the used rack for $399. It looks brand new and looks like it has only had the test rounds fired out of it. Came with the box and all papers. Rossi's 92's are cheap and if you see the Trappers, the stocks look like they are not finished at all. This is the 24" octagonal barrel and the stock is very pretty looking wood. I would have rather had a round barrel 20" but could not pass this up. I don't care if it less costly because I plan on shooting it and won't have to worry about scratching up a costly firearm.

rossikr.jpg

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow hoosier your title should be "My obsession in 44mag" :D nice rifle and you got a pretty nice revolver in the handgun section. And all thats next is a range report.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    You did good. Look at a set of peep sights for it and It you have to a higher front sight to go with the peep. That 24 inch barrel is perfect for a peep sight and the rossi does not lend itself to scoping in a normal manner.

The 24 inch barrel will shoot most 44 ammo well. If you reload you can use different powders to up the FPS and get a bit more range than you can for a revolver. It will most likely shoot revolver loads ok but most likely you will want seperate ammo for revolver and rifle for best proformance. Do not be suprised if it does not want to feed wadcutters well.

nrar15

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Attica
    You will like the Rossi I have one in 45LC that I have had for years. It's beat up from use but that's what It"s for. Great for beating through the woods.

Top Bottom