• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    About 10 months ago my wife and I made a wager. If I lost 100# in one year she'd give me the money to buy a new pistol. My want list changed over the months and after watching possibly a few too many Magpul videos I settled on a new M&P 9 Pro Series. I am a very big fan of John Moses Browning and of Glock's offerings and the M&P seemed like a very good addition :D

It really reminded me of my Glocks but also had the feel of a SIG without the DA/SA trigger and bad (for me) placement of the slide release. It went from the box to the range and I like it!
    100_6506.jpg

100_6510.jpg

Overall, I am really impressed with the Pro Series. If they offer a .45 in the Pro treatment, I'm in! I won't be selling my Glocks just yet but I will be adding another M&P in the future. The it can get the reputation of reliability and durability that Glock has then Smith may be the first to actually offer up something to give Glock a legit run for their money.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    How about before and after pics of you? You might have to post in another thread but to those of us that might struggle with weight, it could provide motivation. Not to mention new pistols. Congratulations!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Thanks everyone! I've really been blessed; so far I've quit smoking (6 years ago) but put on about 50# when I did it. My wife and I decided to try and have one more child and did...my boy, James is 4. But, the way things worked out I was home in the evenings while my wife worked a part-time job and I spent every night at home setting...which led to the extra 50# I gained. All well worth it but I battled sleep apnea and acid reflux like a mother. There were times I was falling asleep while driving home at 4 in the afternoon. Loosing 100# wasn't as hard when you had hit 350#!! So, I'm 250 and still working to get even lower...just trying to get my wife to let me have a Midway USA spree if I can get into the 230's!

I'll have pics up here in a bit...I needed motivation or a goal and my wife knew that when she told me I could pick out whatever pistol I wanted under $600. But, I needed strength and that came from faith...I prayed for that focus and God blessed me with it. I just cut calories to 2,000 a day for a few months...sugar fee Jell-O is your friend when you want a snack. What really helped was logging on to my favorite restaurant's website and seeing the nutritional information on what I was eating. There were things I didn't think were too bad that were just flat awful! That was an eye opener and caused me to really 'buy' my calories trying to get the most out of what I had to spend. 6" Subway black forest ham and turkey breasts, Taco Bell has Fresco tacos (no cheese) for 150 calories @ $.99 ea and I am a huge fan of Lean Cuisine lunches! I usually have around 200-300 calories for breakfast, 400 or so for lunch and then my balance for dinner. After I lost 50# I just started walking in the evenings. A mile at first and as the pounds came off and I got better at it I increased the distance. Before winter hit it was 4 miles a night 4 or 5 nights a week. It's been hard to get back out there so far this year since the weather has not cooperated but I am ready to get back out there. Having a job where I can spend most of my day in front of a computer didn't help matters but I've found ways to counter that.

The biggest thing I realized is that it is 100% possible for me to do it, I just needed the focus and strength to do it and the goal (see above pics of my new pistol!) to finish it off.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    congrats on the new purchase, and way to go on the weight loss. if you've lost all your "before" pics, i'll be happy to be your stand-in if i get some range time with the new m&p.:D

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Congrats.......

If I loss 100lbs, I'd be half the man I already am. lol

Now if I used that in reverse with my wife, I'd get slapped in the head for a year, AND lose all guns.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    My wife made the same sort of deal with me, if I lose $75lbs, I get the gun of my choice....really can't afford the Barrett Light .50, so I've got my eye on the prize...an AR platform!....eat less! exercise more!...eat less! exercise more!

LCP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    carmel in
    Congratulations, I am currently trying to drop about 40 lbs,thanks for helping with your post, got to get it done.

Top Bottom