• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats Dusty! Way to stick with it, im trying to stop smoking myself(very tough). Nice choice of pistol,very nice

Again, thanks to everyone for helping me celebrate a milestone. As far as the smoking...what helped me was actually coming to grips with the fact that I LOVED to smoke but it had to go. I used the nicotine gum but not in the way they instructed; I actually would chew it whenever I felt like I needed a smoke...and I'd have that gum in for the better part of an hour! :D It reminded me of when I used to dip and it using the gum wasn't unpleasant...it actually kind of had a peppery taste to it, nothing to write home about but it was doable. It helped to set a goal or something to help. What I did for smoking was figure what I spent on smokes and it amounted to around $50 a week since I'd grab a pack or two and a chocolate milk or Mountain Dew every time I went in...and I got to keep that cash as an allowance..and after a month when you see $200 setting in a jar, that can be a powerful motivator. I bought a new cordless drill kit and I still take my $50 weekly as mad money for myself and it's how I finance new gun and reloading stuff. Find what works and it can be done.

Again, I simply could not have done it without support from my family and the strength God gave me. It is 100% possible to quit and also remember that you may never be able to fully leave that craving behind. The weirdest thing happened about a year ago. I was working in the garage and paused to think something through...and reached into my shirt pocket to grab a pack...a pack that hadn't been in there for 5 years! After about the first 2 or 3 weeks the worst is over (like boot camp!) and the rest is just adjusting your life to remove those triggers that make you smoke. We had to not set around after eating like we used to...I ate lunch inside when at work so I wasn't around anyone else that smoked. It took a bit of work but I know that I am better for having done it. I forgot to add that I smoked for over 20 years when I quit. I started at around 15 years old and quit when I was around 35 or so.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    About 10 months ago my wife and I made a wager. If I lost 100# in one year she'd give me the money to buy a new pistol. My want list changed over the months and after watching possibly a few too many Magpul videos I settled on a new M&P 9 Pro Series. I am a very big fan of John Moses Browning and of Glock's offerings and the M&P seemed like a very good addition :D

It really reminded me of my Glocks but also had the feel of a SIG without the DA/SA trigger and bad (for me) placement of the slide release. It went from the box to the range and I like it!
    100_6506.jpg

100_6510.jpg

Overall, I am really impressed with the Pro Series. If they offer a .45 in the Pro treatment, I'm in! I won't be selling my Glocks just yet but I will be adding another M&P in the future. The it can get the reputation of reliability and durability that Glock has then Smith may be the first to actually offer up something to give Glock a legit run for their money.

Did they shorten the barrel? Is that a 4" barrel? I have a 9mm pro and mine has the fiber optic front site, and engraving on the slide is different.

SWMRM8951.jpg

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did they shorten the barrel? Is that a 4" barrel? I have a 9mm pro and mine has the fiber optic front site, and engraving on the slide is different.

SWMRM8951.jpg
    They have 2 models of Pro, one is your 5" model with fiber optic sites and a 4.25" model with night sites, that is the only difference but I do want both! And I'll probably end up owning both but I went with the 4.25" first.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    They have 2 models of Pro, one is your 5" model with fiber optic sites and a 4.25" model with night sites, that is the only difference but I do want both! And I'll probably end up owning both but I went with the 4.25" first.

Learn something new everyday. I have never seen the model like yours in the shops. It's a good looking gun. :yesway:

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Congratulations on the weight loss, & the new gun. I was once at nearly 300#, & went on a diet & am staying in the 200# range. The next challenge is to keep it off. It is a REST OF YOUR LIFE COMMITTMENT. If you put much of it back on, you have to surrender your new gun to me. :)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

Philippians 4:13

:mods:

5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.

Just an FYI

Top Bottom