• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    Here is a teaser of my upcoming rifle build. The action arrived last week. The trigger, stock, and muzzle brake will be here this week, Pics to follow. The Krieger Barrel will take 18 to 20 weeks.

DSCN4463.jpg

DSCN4464.jpg

DSCN4465.jpg

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    I am going to build it with the Stiller Tac 338 action, AICS 1.5 stock, Timney trigger, Krieger SS 1.350 29" MTU Contour Barrel, and a Badger FTE Muzzle Brake.

Yea, the wait is going to be tough.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I look forward to the build. How does your build shoot?

260build014.jpg

since this pic ive taken off the nf br scope and added a nf 5.5x22x56 and a badger dm.

003-2-1.jpg

this is a group i shot durring the first stages of load development. it measures .33 outside to outside (the bullet is .264 so thats pretty good) at 110 yds. that was a 3 shot group. since then ive gotten a 5 shot 2.5-3inch group at 500yds. it was on steel so its hard to get a exact measurment. id say it shoots pretty decent:D

rifle is a 260

stiller predator action
    manners stock
    sheilin 26 inch 1-8 twist
    badgerdm
    uso rings
    rifle basix trigger

if you are not set on kreiger sheilin has some barrels in stock and some on a 3 week wait

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    That's a great looking rifle. I hope mine shoots as well as yours. Thanks for the photo. It definitely gives me inspiration for my build.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    That's a great looking rifle. I hope mine shoots as well as yours. Thanks for the photo. It definitely gives me inspiration for my build.

i forgot i had this. here is a pic of the rifle as it sits today and a coyote that got in the way durring my getting a drop chart. i was working at 500 or 550 and he walked out at 300ish so he didn't stand much of a chance.

004-1.jpg

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    if you are not set on kreiger sheilin has some barrels in stock and some on a 3 week wait

I am looking for a cut rifled, hand lapped barrel with a 1.350" diameter and a very heavy contour that is 29" long. I don't believe Shillen makes a barrel that fits that description, but I am still looking for a quicker alternative.

I bet that coyote never had a chance. Great photo.
    Thanks.
    David

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    have you given any thought to optics or a stock? i went with a manners mcst. i called tom to order a diffrent more expensive stock. after talking to him about the rifles purpose he said "ill make you whatever you want but imo the mcst fits your bill better" i figure he has forgot more about stocks than i will ever know so i took his advise and love my stock.

i think it speaks volumes that a company owner will recomend a cheaper product of his over a more expensive product.

then i got late notice that i would be going to wyoming for a pronghorn hunt (im in gillette now) i called and tom got my stock out a few weeks early so i could have this rifle done to take. its not like i didn't have a diffrent rifle to take but i really wanted to take this one.

racr28

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 27, 2009
    Vincennes, IN
    I just received my AICS 1.5 stock yesterday, but I have only heard good heard good things about manners. The optic I am buying will probably be a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 8.5-25x50mm.

Top Bottom