• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so i had been bitten by the bug for a new rifle for some time. I was considering a bunch of stuff, including some bolt actions and a FAL, but a new AR won out. i checked out some of the different makes and models by all the different companies. I already own a Colt 6920, so I wasn't much interested in another 16 inch gun.

i ended up buying a complete DSA lower and a complete Bushmaster upper. The Upper has the 20 inch, 4150 steel, chrome lined, 1:7, MP tested barrel. :D The lower is a typical lower with an A2 buttstock- nothing fancy there. I added my Colt's carry handle to the Bushie upper and Voila! My new M16 type gun was ready to rock and roll. I paid $230 shipped for the lower, $530 shipped for the upper and $15 for a transfer fee. That's $775 for a rifle that other companies want over $1000 for. :ar15:

ok, so fast-forward to yesterday morning. I headed out to the range to give this gun some loving. I also brought along my Colt for comparison. My 20 inch operated perfectly (only about 200 rounds, so not that much) without any hiccups. Using the carry handle sights was a bit different as I immediately added an MBUS and optic on my Colt. I will say the recoil seemed a bit lighter and I am definitely a fan of the collapsible stock.

Anyhoo, on to the bad pics. Here's one of the girls:

20110409085413.jpg

here's my rather sad shooting with the new gun:
    20110409193639.jpg

here's the target i fired one 30 round mag using my Colt:
    20110409084959.jpg

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i realized that, but it was easier to take cell phone pics with the colt on it's bi-pod. i'll get some better pics later after i get her all cleaned up. :)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    added the Primary Arms RDS i bought on Black Friday and an MBUS. i'm not sure if i want to go tacticool or if I should leave it as a KISS rifle.

20110429114047.jpg

Top Bottom