• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Safes that weigh 1000 lbs (empty) and up are tough to move if you don't know how and have a good pallet jack or something similar.

But they're quite easy to tip over.

And once they're tipped over, they're mostly all VERY easily pried open with pry bars and crow bars. Or they can be cut / bashed into.

REAL bona-fide safes big enough to put long guns in will START at $6k. And they go WAY way way up from there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    But they're quite easy to tip over.

And once they're tipped over, they're mostly all VERY easily pried open with pry bars and crow bars. Or they can be cut / bashed into.

REAL bona-fide safes big enough to put long guns in will START at $6k. And they go WAY way way up from there.

Ahhh... depends on the shape. Tall safes with relative small bases, yes. Shorter safes that are really wide a tougher, especially if the bottom is loaded with heavy stuff, like lead. It's all about getting the center of mass past the edge of the base, which is tougher the lower the center of mass is and the larger the base is.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My first safe was decent safe ($3500 in today's dollars) but I am getting ready to buy another and am seriously thinking about the Gettysburg 84 gun. It's an overflow safe, will be bolted to floor, I have other security measures and at some point if they show up with torches, plasma cutters and two hours of time - what can I do?

I know someone who had a vault room with a ultra expensive door (I believe it was $7500 installed but don't quote me on that). They cut into the room when he was on vacation. It was a new house so I really think it was a worker with inside knowledge.

At want point have you just taken all reasonable measures?

My grandfather thought adequate security was putting the rifles behind the clothes and closing the closet door. Times have changed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The Gettysburg safes are pretty cheap imported security lockers. It wouldn't take torches, plasma cutters, and 2 hours to get into one.

Top Bottom