• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Could you take a holster and put some metal on it so that the holster is what is sticking to the magnet and not the gun? Then you will have the trigger guard covered and still have a solid setup.
    I was thinking about using epoxy to adhere the metal to the holster.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Could you take a holster and put some metal on it so that the holster is what is sticking to the magnet and not the gun? Then you will have the trigger guard covered and still have a solid setup.
    I was thinking about using epoxy to adhere the metal to the holster.

The same outfit also sells magnetic holsters that work with the mag bar. They show some pics on the link I posted in the OP.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Try a Safariland ALS holster on a QLS fork mount?
    AE33E376-BC0B-47D9-87FF-6972E546CF78_zpswmlpfinb.jpg

07100883-8E2F-4C23-8215-C04788E88DEB_zpsshj08fji.jpg

thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    We have a winner. Wait, no, I forgot. You'll shoot your junk off.

I have been carrying AIWB for 6 months now and have yet to shoot my junk off, for me it works best. Use a nice Kydex Holster and keep your finger off the trigger while drawing and Holstering and you will be fine. While driving, I tuck my shirt and lap belt behind the Holster for clear access and also to keep the seat belt from pushing the gun into my stomach in case of an accident. It works pretty well IMO.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have been carrying AIWB for 6 months now and have yet to shoot my junk off, for me it works best. Use a nice Kydex Holster and keep your finger off the trigger while drawing and Holstering and you will be fine. While driving, I tuck my shirt and lap belt behind the Holster for clear access and also to keep the seat belt from pushing the gun into my stomach in case of an accident. It works pretty well IMO.
    I've got AT LEAST 6 years AIWB, and my junk is still where it's supposed to be?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Does it work for you? Does it alleviate the OP's problem? First question, IDK, as I'm not you. 2nd question, it appears that it does, but again, I'm not him. My JEEP has a 7TS on a QLS, and I'm super happy with the setup! My last JEEP had the same setup, and I was involved in a fairly crappy wreck, everything stayed where it should have, and the holster still produced the pistol when needed!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I used RAM mounts a lot in my motorcycle touring days. Looks like a good option. I didn't know they made holsters set up for RAM mounts. Would have to find a kydex holster that would fit my Glock 20 with the reflex sight.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seatbelts and coats tend to get in the way, especially in the winter.

I have gone to a cross draw holster for when I am traveling. I position the holster where the seat belts do not interfere. I always clear my shirt or coat, too, so I have the piece concealed, but have random access with my right hand. Comfortable, fast, and discreet both in the car and when I go walk about. I carry it between 0900 and 1000. Try it. You might like it.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Trying this again.. This holster is made by Dara Holsters. It has a cut out in it so that when I get my RMR06 reflex site installed it will fit, and is made to accept suppressor height sites.

20170925_092603_zpsqr3vocch.jpg

20170925_092502_zpsy5gk8iti.jpg
    How is it affixed, other than the bungee cord? Was your goal not to make permanent holes in your vehicle such as what would happen with a QLS type arrangement?

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    How is it affixed, other than the bungee cord? Was your goal not to make permanent holes in your vehicle such as what would happen with a QLS type arrangement?

It uses a Ram mount system. Same company that makes all kinds of mounts for motorcycles and police cars, it has a clamp called a tough claw that clamps to a rail that is part of the seat frame. I had a slight problem with the rail but fix was easy - more on that later with pics. The tough claw has a ball mount, and the holster is made with a ball mount attached. There is an arm that clamps onto the two ball mounts. It is a heavier than average pistol so I added the bunji cord to make sure it won't shift if I ever gave to brake hard. Go to the website for Dara Holsters, they have some pics. But I will take some better pics soon and post them.

As far as the holes, I examined my kick panel but wasn't sure that I could successfully install something on it due to its curvature and stuff behind it, and I actually like this system better. Yes, no holes, but I like the position and accessibility it affords and not as readily visible to someone outside the vehicle, especially a bg.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It uses a Ram mount system. Same company that makes all kinds of mounts for motorcycles and police cars, it has a clamp called a tough claw that clamps to a rail that is part of the seat frame. I had a slight problem with the rail but fix was easy - more on that later with pics. The tough claw has a ball mount, and the holster is made with a ball mount attached. There is an arm that clamps onto the two ball mounts. It is a heavier than average pistol so I added the bunji cord to make sure it won't shift if I ever gave to brake hard. Go to the website for Dara Holsters, they have some pics. But I will take some better pics soon and post them.

As far as the holes, I examined my kick panel but wasn't sure that I could successfully install something on it due to its curvature and stuff behind it, and I actually like this system better. Yes, no holes, but I like the position and accessibility it affords and not as readily visible to someone outside the vehicle, especially a bg.
    Sounds like a good setup, couldn't really tell what was up besides the red bungee.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have a full size truck & considered having an upholstery shop add another "pocket" to the front or side bolster of my seat to conceal a full size & keep it secure as well.
    Anyone here had this done or seen one?

Top Bottom