• ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    A True Steel Snob!

My only comment on this: I saw Tyler coming across the room and it looked like he was having trouble walking....I'm like, WTF is wrong with Tyler? When he made it to my table he was carrying a piece of CTS-20CP steel (Spyderco Para 2) which explains why he was having difficulty in walking. :):

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my cock is now a steel snob.

2011-06-06_11-29-11_343.jpg

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Well I was also lucky enough to score one of these bad azz blades at the show this weekend.

The funny thing was is on Friday I had just spoke to Brad about getting me one on Friday as he was currently out. And at that point I didn't care which version I got I just wanted one. Then on Saturday Tyler tipped me of that there was a vendor with a sprint run at the show... What can I say I had to pick it up... (sorry Brad your still my favorite Spyderco dealer, and you know Ill be back for more. Possibly even another PM2) hehe.

Sooo, here are my first impressions after having it a couple of days now...
    Over all the fit and finish is typical of the higher end Spydercos. Blade is center, the grinds are even, no flaws really that I can find with the workmanship.
    As for the design of the knife I am actually really happy with that to.

The blade... has a pointy look to due to the basically flat spine. I am mostly partial to drop points and leaf shapes. But the cutting edge on this has the same characteristics so it does not bother me. I also like the full flat grind. The back portion of the spine where the plunge starts, is as thick as my Manix2, but the blade thins out super quick making for an excellent slicer. I like the large thumb ramp as well.

The handle... on the PM2 IMHO is way better than the original PM. I never liked the way when the knife was closed that the corner of the locking portion of the blade stuck out. Also the handle matches the length of the blade better than on the PM1. I always felt the handle was to long for the blade. The clip can be put in any configuration and will probably get changed so I can utilize the lanyard hole. The handle fits my hand comfortably and provides plenty of options for holding. The G10 is grippy.

The bushing system... is rock solid. I really like this part about the design. There is no wiggle in the blade at any position. And yet still super smooth. It doesn't fall open like some knives, there is still a bit of tension on the pivot area, but the smoothness makes up for that.

The Lock... Like grunt said. It's kinda like a reverse liner lock. I don't love it. But I don't hate it either. Most knives I own have the lock in the front, either a frame or liner lock... So getting my hand used to moving to the back will take a bit to get used to. I don't see any thing that might cause the lock to fail so that is the most important thing.

Steel... Only time will tell how it compares to S90. I have high hopes for its ware resistance.

Over all so far I think its a great knife and I would think that the S30 version would make a great everyday user for most people.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    stop posting damn it. you should be in atlanta partying like a rock star w/ sheila damn it :) enjoy blade and let ingo fend for itself for a couple days :)

Us party??? We forgot how to do that. :dunno:
    We did party by looking and fondling lots and lots of knives. Now what kind of people do you think we are? We are insane cause we eat,sh@t and breathe knives. Well at least Brad does. Grunt if he is on the computer then he is out of my hair. :D

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Us party??? We forgot how to do that. :dunno:
    We did party by looking and fondling lots and lots of knives. Now what kind of people do you think we are? We are insane cause we eat,sh@t and breathe knives. Well at least Brad does. Grunt if he is on the computer then he is out of my hair. :D

lmao hilarious. my fault sheila :) i am glad you guys had a good time at blade and got to fondle lots of awesome blades. you bring in big striders fixed blades back?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Oh yeah I brought a couple of Strider fixed blades back. One of them there is less than 12 in the USA it is a ZT Strider bayonet combination. Really cool.
    The other one is a Chuck Mawhinney Sniper model with spine seration.
    They will be proudly displayed this weekend at the Greenfield Gun Show.

Brad got better deals than me.:rolleyes: Of course he hung out there a lot......

Top Bottom