Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    StriderSMFM4001.jpg

StriderSMFM4002.jpg

StriderSMFM4003.jpg

Strider SMF with T-6 aluminum front handle with the Strider logo etched in the handle. Standard Strider flamed Titanium back handle, and a big chunk of M4 steel for the blade. This was a very limited run using M4 for the blade steel. It has a Rockwell hardness rating of 61-62. The strider people told me this was the first and last time they will ever use M4 in their blades because of costs (steel & manufacturing).

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Awesome blade Brad! I'm super jealous!

I bought a Combative Edge M1 as my "didn't-go-to-Blade-consolation purchase."

The CE M1 is a great knife with the N690 co-Cobalt-Vanadium blade and locking titanium frame. I can't remember exactly, but I think that blade is getting real close to 60rc. They are hard to beat for the price considering the quality and materials used. Congrats! :yesway:

Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Back off guys*** I'm pretty sure he got that one for me...????!!!!! eeerrrrright.. Brad (my favorite knife dealing friend ..!!) Ok maybe not , but it is your fault for hooking me on the STRIDERS..!!!! Nice knife,, Real Nice..!!!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    awesome blade brad. damn that is smooth. i love the m4 strider. see aren't you glad you sold me that strider out of your pocket so you had room for this one :)

Well, I know it has a good home...besides I replaced it with a couple of more SNG's with GG grips...but these had drop point type blades and not the tanto like yours and I got a couple SNG's with tanto blades, but they have the standard G-10 handles. I ended up buying 17 Striders overall...it was expensive hangin out at the Strider booth.:D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I wanted a nightmare grind..but there wasn't any at the show. Strider had few limited runs and some special collaborations. When I saw the SMF with M4....I snagged it.

well I'm sure I'll have it sooner than later because I can tell from the pic that edge is far too thick for M4.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    looks fantastic! needs some character marks now!

It already has a few "character" marks....one on the blade (not sure how I did it...I have done some light cutting with it already and the diamond like coating on the blade will highlight any use) and one little one on the titanium frame from rubbing on a blue jean rivet on the drive home....I'm keeping score. :):

When the Strider guys saw me put it straight into my pocket, they tried to tell me that I should just put it up because of the rarity and possibly increase in value. Nope...I bought this one to carry and use. :)

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    which one told you that? josh? ;) LOL!

should have looked at 'em and said, "but with the lifetime warranty i can get it all taken care of!" bwahahhhaahaa!!!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    which one told you that? josh? ;) LOL!

should have looked at 'em and said, "but with the lifetime warranty i can get it all taken care of!" bwahahhhaahaa!!!

:): Josh was there, but it was a Jeff who I have never met before that told me that with Steve in the back ground nodding his head up and down in agreement. :):

Top Bottom