• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    While working nights in Chicago I learned to just say no before they even finish a sentence..."hey man.." NO. Can you...NO. What's up...no.
    You get the idea.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Haha, I made the mistake of telling some of my co-workers the story...got made fun of all week for picking up a female midget! Worst part is (and yes I left this out of the original story to help myself not look any worse than I already do) I ended up giving her a $20 to help her out...man I am an idiot!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23X14HS4gLk[/ame]

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Maybe the best thing to do in these instances is grab your cell and say,
    "That's awful. I can see you obviously need help. Let me call the police for you."

If they need help, they'll get it.
    If they don't, they'll pound pavement.

Either way you aren't putting yourself in a bad situation.

It's a sad, sad thing when we have to think twice about
    lending a helping hand for fear of being robbed or worse.

I'm glad you're okay.

PS. I did something just as dumb before, but we won't get into it.
    This being your thread and all. :whistle:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Three things;

1. BGs are always very nice to you before they shove a knife in your gut or a gun in your ear. ;)

2. You sir are one lucky MO FO! :cool:

3. Are you related to Indy Monkey? :dunno:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow! Bad situation there! Nothing stpid on your part, you were just trying to help someone, and like already said lesson learned. Thank you for sharing your story and hopefully it will help someone else in the future. It was a good learning experience and glad to hear it turned out okay for you.

J D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Fishers In
    ...maybe I should report this?[/QUOTE]

You're well within your rights to make a report. I seriously doubt much would be done without a demand for money having been made or the guy pointing the pistol.
    You did good getting out as you did for there's no doubt in my mind that you would have been robbed.
    Was your new friend late 30ish. Kinda pudgy with pudgy little arms and legs?

BigJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Broadripple
    ...maybe I should report this?

You're well within your rights to make a report. I seriously doubt much would be done without a demand for money having been made or the guy pointing the pistol.
    You did good getting out as you did for there's no doubt in my mind that you would have been robbed.
    Was your new friend late 30ish. Kinda pudgy with pudgy little arms and legs?

Yup, looked something like that. What I was referencing (in terms of reporting it) was the fact that my attacker strikes a resemblance to the sketch of the iupui robber of late. If it happened to be him, I know exactly where he is!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I would call the police and describe the guy and tell them the story. Let them know where it was so they can look into it and possibly help someone else before they get robbed and shot.

I once had a guy stop in front of my house late at night when i had some friends over. He said he was in town for his sons funeral and needed money for a can of fix a flat so he could get home to kentucky. Lucky for me i had a can and gave it to him. He threw it in his truck bed and drove off. a month later i saw him at my church and some lady actually drove to get him some chicken. i told her my story ,but she didnt seem to care.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Please tell me you called the cops so they can hopefully follow up on this so it doesn't happen to someone else? Glad you made it out ok.

Edit...just saw page 3 of thread. :)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't have to worry about something like this happening to me, I'm a bit of a dick. Also have my ltch ;)

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    I use to pick up hitchhikers when I travel alone YEARS ago, then one day in baltimore a pretty girl put a knive in my ribs, last time I picked up anyone I do not know

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I tell ya its just a shame that you cant just help out a person these days, expescialy a woman in need for fear of getting yourself into a bad situation. Im sorry that happend to you glad everything worked out and you were not hurt. Like was said just be mindfull of the situation around you.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Glad you are okay, And I would not say that was stupid. You tried to help another person, just turns out that was not a good person.

I can say I have thought about helping people with that story more than once. But fear of what happened to you has keep me from doing just that. I am sure some of the people are honest and need help but like they say "A few bad apples ruins the bunch".

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've had the same guy give me the same story three different times in locations that were at least 20 miles apart from each other. For someone who's lost while trying to make a delivery and just ran out of gas and doesn't have any money, he sure gets around.

Sounds like several scam artists downtown that I hear give the same story to repeatedly. One lady claims she needs $45 for bus fair to the east side. She just never seems to understand that bus fair is $1.75.

Or the guys who ask if they can use your cell phone.

The scammers are so persistent and pervasive, that I even get annoyed at the brothers who ask for a cigarette, sometimes yelling it from across the street at night. I figure they are just looking for an excuse to approach without me being concerned.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Haha, I made the mistake of telling some of my co-workers the story...got made fun of all week for picking up a female midget! Worst part is (and yes I left this out of the original story to help myself not look any worse than I already do) I ended up giving her a $20 to help her out...man I am an idiot!

Glad you made it out safely. We can all put ourselves in danger by our intention of "good" overcoming our sense of bad. Thanks for posting. We can read about your close call and hopefully avoid one ourselves.

$20 so she's focused on the crack rock She's about to buy instead of remembering your license plate as you pull away is a great diversion. Best money you'll ever spend. Keep 'em distracted and happy and you'll be able to pick up a legit midget hooker some day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom