• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tcbloodgood4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    That is the way it has been since my kid brother was 8 years old and I was 10. 41 years have passed since then. I've always wanted a .45 for the stopping power. My brother-in-law has a Glock 9mm. That is the first gun that I ever held, that was 10 years ago. It was so lightweight unloaded. I have three buddies that all shoot, so it was only a matter of time for me to get my own. I can't believe the prices that they want for ammo.

I was able to purchase a Berreta PX4 Storm Type F .45 acp pistol. And I am very happy with it so far. Haven't fired it. Waiting until I get my license in the mail. Should be this week. Can't wait. My friend is getting his license at the same time. We plan to go shooting over the weekend of the 9th and 10th. I guess this is a new hobby for me and I am taking very seriously. Much more than my friend. I don't think you can have enough training. Thanks to someone that suggested the fcvcc.org as a place to become a member and shoot there. Much closer than Eagle Creek since I live in Fishers almost to Noblesville. I have laser for it already, but the holster doesn't hold the laser. Does anybody know of any that do? It is no big deal I can always carry it in my pocket and just holster the gun when I get my concealed carry permit.

Thanks for all the advice I can use it all.
    Tom

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Welcome to INGO

Couple of things that may help:

You can have a custom holster made to fit your Storm with mounted laser. Check out our advertiser section here on the forum. Raven Concealment comes to mind as one company many here have used for holsters. I'm sure there are others.

2nd: You and your buddy do NOT have to wait for your Larry's (INGO Lingo for the LTCH). You can legally transport your handguns (unloaded, in a secure wrapper, and out of reach) to your local range.

Glad to have you here, look around, check the FAQ's out, post up some questions and have some fun. :ingo:

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    :gheyhi:

Welcome Tom

I was trying to find that club as i knew there was some up near you. Im thinking about MCFG but thats further away than ecpr.
    Another idea is wilbur wright in new castle which is where me and zephri(erick) shot.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Welcome. Be careful - guns are like Pringles - once you pop you can't stop. You may find yourself justifying more and more purchases.:D

For instance, you already mentioned ammo prices. Soon you will realize that 9mm ammo is much cheaper than .45 acp. You may then purchase a 9mm.

After you buy the 9mm, you may want a .22 for target practice and plinking for the same reasons you bought the 9mm.

Next, you will think, "wow, I am so close to the Indiana Gun Club, it sure would be convenient to have a shotgun."

You may then want to branch out into rifles. . .

Don't ask me how I know this.;)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have laser for it already, but the holster doesn't hold the laser. Does anybody know of any that do? It is no big deal I can always carry it in my pocket and just holster the gun when I get my concealed carry permit.

Thanks for all the advice I can use it all.
    Tom

Welcome to INGO ! Some people here will rag on you if you call the license to carry handgun a CCP. No matter what you call it, don't carry it outside of private property until you receive your license! Not in your pocket or otherwise! And if you do decide to carry in your pocket, it's a good idea to use a pocket holster to at least cover the trigger and to keep anything else from snagging it! You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a variety of holsters for that gun!

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    Howdy! I thought I'd throw out Elwood Conservation Club if you haven't joined the other one yet. I live on the northern edge of Noblesville and that's where I'm a member. Not sure which would be closer for you. I'm a big fan, I think it's something like $65/year for a membership, and you can bring a guest for $5. Great folks and very laid back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom