• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    The bag of rice trick never works for me. I end up always having a half working phone that I end up tossing.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The bag of rice trick never works for me. I end up always having a half working phone that I end up tossing.

I dropped my iphone in the bathtub while it was on. I had an otterbox on it. I shut it off, used hairdrier for the obvious water, then into rice overnight. Works fine 6 months later.

I had heard piercing the metal screen over the speaker with a needle a few times will increase the speakerphone volume a lot and had considered doing it the day I dropped it in the tub. Glad I didn't.

ron g

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    chicago,il
    dropped (jumped in pool) 3 times, battery out first, hairdrier next then let sit overnight.
    was able to save 2 out of 3. now it look like i have a rash before i jump in by checking all pockets.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Did you take the battery out & dry it before you put the phone in the rice?

The hair dryer trick is what the Verizon guy suggested too. Do you have a dehumidifier you could put it near to help absorb some of the water?

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    This thread just made me realize I had a dream last night about jumping into a river with my phone on me. I realized it in the dream too, and jumped out immediately. Cool story I know.
    Rice has never worked for me, but I'm an impatient person who took it out early as well.

Top Bottom