• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A friend of mine lives on a farm and has regular ball Ammo for his first round followed by hollow points for this very reason. I’m not sure I agree or disagree with his magazine load out but I guess if you shoot more varmints than you do perps it makes sense.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Woodchuck and Zucchini stew. I’d try it :dunno:

I got zucchini!!!

3dzC851.jpg

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a couple of dogproof traps around my garden with the bear traps(but smaller) around my raised planter as the raccoons have been taking their fill of my veggies. Momma werent having it and told me that furry and adorable goes so far. Gut em she says... my lil flower.

So far 3 have been dispatched. 2 within the past week . They were thrown into the weeds on the banks of the creek that is in the rear of the yard. Well, Wiley and the pack aint snapping up them dudes and they're starting to get a tad gamey. I'm guessing I'll be digging holes for the next few i get

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got a couple of dogproof traps around my garden with the bear traps(but smaller) around my raised planter as the raccoons have been taking their fill of my veggies. Momma werent having it and told me that furry and adorable goes so far. Gut em she says... my lil flower.

So far 3 have been dispatched. 2 within the past week . They were thrown into the weeds on the banks of the creek that is in the rear of the yard. Well, Wiley and the pack aint snapping up them dudes and they're starting to get a tad gamey. I'm guessing I'll be digging holes for the next few i get

Total for the summer.....

(3) Racoons. Big fat ones. Huge.
    (2) possums.
    (4) tree rats.
    (6) Feral cats. When you use cat food as part of the bait it brings them, in.

Nothing has been shopping in the garden at night for a while.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Raccoons are really destructive, they got into my neighbor's attic and started raiding my garden at night. I set out a live trap and caught two in three nights. Sent them to raccoon heaven. Needless to say my neighbor was very happy. Marshmallows, cinnamon raisin bread with a dollop of peanut butter, they couldn't resist.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Raccoons are really destructive, they got into my neighbor's attic and started raiding my garden at night. I set out a live trap and caught two in three nights. Sent them to raccoon heaven. Needless to say my neighbor was very happy. Marshmallows, cinnamon raisin bread with a dollop of peanut butter, they couldn't resist.

Heck, I think I'd have gone for that myself! :):

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Where I last lived, I think I took care of 6 or 8 raccoons. Subsonic 22LR work really great. I also aimed and hit their head. And very little noise.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Where I last lived, I think I took care of 6 or 8 raccoons. Subsonic 22LR work really great. I also aimed and hit their head. And very little noise.
    YMMV. I tried using subsonic 22lr to dispatch a raccoon I trapped in a friend's attic. It just put it's eye out and I had to follow up with standard velocity ammo

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I actually eat raccoon. Not the old ones but if they are 2 years or under they fry up like rabbit. Just make sure its been cold out and they don't look or act sickly. Last year I ran across 3 raccoon with distemper. I turned them over the the conservation officers. They like to keep track of that. Last year was bad for distemper in raccoon in my area.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I grew up on a farm and dad used to go out and get 'em with a wood baseball bat he kept around just for that purpose!
    He didn't like makin' a lot of noise, especially the kind that would result in the neighbors asking questions the next day!
    I'm not a big fan of tackling one of those with a baseball bat, a 20 ga is more my style...#3 shot will roll 'em over pretty good!

Top Bottom